Anyone else get the feeling they have been trying to make their albums bad? De-loused in the Comatorium was a classic; if they would have kept at it with that pace, they would seriously be the best progressive band out there in my book, but...GAH! They went and made all their CDs after that with good singles and 1234632262 minutes of ambient crap. And not the good ambient crap either. Worst part of all this? They're doing it on purpose. Read interviews with them. The terrible songs on their albums start good, and then they add all the useless crap on top to either A, test how long they can suck before the major label drops them, or B, to be indie-ish while still piggybacking on a major label.

Por que, Cedric y Omar, por que?!?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Every single album they made has been great. Except Bedlam in Goliath. That one was average.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by JustMimes
Every single album they made has been great. Except Bedlam in Goliath. That one was average.

All of their albums have had great songs.

All the their albums would be classics if they were not loaded down with endless minutes of ambient soundscapes no one cares about. Except me+mushrooms.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Quote by DEADwin
Anyone else get the feeling they have been trying to make their albums bad? De-loused in the Comatorium was a classic; if they would have kept at it with that pace, they would seriously be the best progressive band out there in my book, but...GAH! They went and made all their CDs after that with good singles and 1234632262 minutes of ambient crap. And not the good ambient crap either. Worst part of all this? They're doing it on purpose. Read interviews with them. The terrible songs on their albums start good, and then they add all the useless crap on top to either A, test how long they can suck before the major label drops them, or B, to be indie-ish while still piggybacking on a major label.

Por que, Cedric y Omar, por que?!?

I think I'm going to have to agree with you.
I guess I just like the "ambient soundscapes".
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
I love the ambient soundscapes. YOu should try listening to Omars solo albums. that ****s unlissenable
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by lateraluspiral
I love the ambient soundscapes. YOu should try listening to Omars solo albums. that ****s unlissenable

I had a feeling it was that ignorant bastards fault. Who has their custom-made guitar so feature-less, ON ****ING PURPOSE?

So many people, mistaking poor song structure for originality. It will be the death of prog, mark my words.
Last edited by DEADwin at Feb 15, 2009,
I agree, they seem to be trying too hard to be "weird" and "progressive". Take Cicatriz ESP for example, it's an awesome song until the fucking 8 minutes of useless silence in the middle.

I want an ATDI reunion.

Oh and is your location a reference to Burn Piano Island, Burn?
Quote by goldmember1217
I agree, they seem to be trying too hard to be "weird" and "progressive". Take Cicatriz ESP for example, it's an awesome song until the fucking 8 minutes of useless silence in the middle.

I want an ATDI reunion.

Oh and is your location a reference to Burn Piano Island, Burn?

Of course.

The Blood Brothers are probably my favorite band.
The Mars Volta has got to be my favorite band I have all of there songs including there b-sides. I think it depends on when they use it. Like De-loused was really good because to me the sound scape part related to the concept story of the main character being lost or at a pivotal part. Now Frances The Mute did have way too much down time in it. Miranda that ghost just isn't holy anymore I most have cut out a good 7 mintues from the start thank to Itunes. For The Bedlam in Goliath I think it's there best one yet, it's extremely creative and a breath of fresh air next to all the sound-a-same Nicklesour, Stoneback, Linkin Knot, or Slippark played over all over again on the stupid radio. These guys really aren't afriad to go into the unknown and bands like them Kiss Kiss, mewithoutyou, Battles and Portugal the Man all these guy need trophies in my opinion.
My Gear:
Fender SSH Strat
VOXAD50VT
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss Me-20
Boss PH-3
Line 6 FM-4
Boss DD-7 (With FS-5u)
Boss RC-20XL
The Mars Volta are amazing and are just awesome!

Also TBiG had little to no 'ambient crap' at all. Same with Amputechture.

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Last edited by EEE_ELLL_OHH at Feb 16, 2009,