I wasn't sure if this should go in Guitar and bass basics or here... But i'm i have a little problem

I was trying to figure out the tuning of a japanese band Last Alliance.

I figured 3 of the strings out, but i can not figure out for the life of me what the guitar is tuned in. Perhaps it's pretty much impossible to find out? A custom tuning?

6th-X
5th-X
4th-G
3rd-X
2nd-G#
1st-D

Appreciate it, sorry if this is the wrong place once again.
ummmm....

I'm psychic so I can tell you exactly what those other 4 strings are tuned to.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
"X"?

that's like.... a semitone higher than "W"?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
The the problem is that X isn't a note.

You're thinking of yellow. You have to turn the other strings to yellow.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Ughhhh I learned about something like this in theory. Eastern music has different letters for some notes. H is like a B or an A or something.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
This reminds me of when Michael burned his foot on his George Foreman grill.

Stop acting like an imbecile. At least post a link to the song so someone can listen and then give you their input.
This reminds me of when Michael burned his foot on his George Foreman grill.

Stop acting like an imbecile. At least post a link to the song so someone can listen and then give you their input.

Rude much?

X stands for the string i DONT KNOW. I was thinking maybe someone was familar with those certain string tunings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9tkt5XcUQk

During the solo that's how i've tuned the specific strings.
I believe that the X's are unknown to him and he is asking if anyone familiar with the band Last Alliance is knows what the correct tuning for those strings should be.
amidoinitrite?
Quote by TADL

I was trying to figure out the tuning of a japanese band Last Alliance.

*adds you as friend*

lol anyways, what song was it?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I believe that the X's are unknown to him and he is asking if anyone familiar with the band Last Alliance is knows what the correct tuning for those strings should be.
amidoinitrite?

Exactly, either that or if anyone has seen a tuning similar to that. I'm glad someone read it right.

The song was Shissou
any of these?

Open G: low-high; D-G-D-G-B-D
dobro Open G: low-high; G-B-D-G-B-D (occasionally adopted for ordinary guitar, but requires lighter fifth and sixth strings).
Russian Open G: low-high; D-G-B-D-G-B-D (the standard tuning for the Russian seven string guitar).
you brought a hooker to church?
ghostnineone; I'm sure the 5th is G# so no. It's really weird you'd think a band would choose a certain tuning. I've never really heard of a famous band with custom-tunings.

Alaskan_Ninja; Agreed. lol
Asus2: low-high; E-A-B-E-A-E (very rare)
Asus4: low-high; E-A-D-E-A-E
C6: low-high; C-A-C-G-C-E
Open Page: low-high; D-G-C-G-C-D
Csus4: low-high; C-G-C-G-C-F
Dsus2: low-high; D-A-D-E-A-D
Dsus4: low-high; D-A-D-G-A-D
Esus2: low-high; E-A-E-F♯-B-E
Esus4: low-high; E-A-E-A-B-E
G6: low-high; D-G-D-G-B-E
Gsus2: low-high; D-G-D-G-A-D
Gsus4: low-high; D-G-D-G-C-D
E modal: low-high; E-B-E-E-B-E
G modal: low-high; G-G-D-G-B-D
B modalLow-High); B-F#-C#-F#-B-D#

Crossnote G: low-high; D-G-D-G-Bb-D

oh and

With five possible tunings for each string (+2, +1, 0, -1, and -2), there are as many as 15,625 (5x5x5x5x5x5 or 5^6) possible tunings for a six-string guitar.
Last edited by ghostnineone at Feb 15, 2009,
The thing is i used the music video and it shows the part of the solo clearly. So i could see the frets and tune accordingly. Those have to be the correct string tunings, there's no way i could have done it wrong right? 0_0

With five possible tunings for each string (+2, +1, 0, -1, and -2), there are as many as 15,625 (5x5x5x5x5x5 or 5^6) possible tunings for a six-string guitar.

So i take it i'm screwed? xD
Last edited by TADL at Feb 15, 2009,
The thing is i used the music video and it shows the part of the solo clearly. So i could see the frets and tune accordingly. Those have to be the correct string tunings, there's no way i could have done it wrong right? 0_0

So i take it i'm screwed? xD

if you tuned to the pitch of the fretted string...

what you posted isnt the open strings notes is it?
no it's the open strings, i just tuned it to the same pitch of what he was playing, then when i had the strings tuned i used an online tuner to see which notes they were.

if that makes sense... 0-0
Quote by TADL
no it's the open strings, i just tuned it to the same pitch of what he was playing, then when i had the strings tuned i used an online tuner to see which notes they were.

if that makes sense... 0-0

i know what you mean...

you couldnt tune the others the same way?
perhaps they just aren't used in the song? ala paul gilbert's 3 string guitar?
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Most of the song is just chords, and i can't see anymore strings or i would have tuned that way xD
Quote by TheAmericanRuse
i think that the X's are supposed to be X flats.

thats what i was gona say
or W sharps

lol
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Quote by Just Andrew
The the problem is that X isn't a note.

You're thinking of yellow. You have to turn the other strings to yellow.

You're a ****ing moron. The kid needs help and you tell him yellow. What a moron.

Anyways TS, you have to tune the other strings to half a step above squaragon.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

TADL, use the quote button.

You are confusing me.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

You're a ****ing moron. The kid needs help and you tell him yellow. What a moron.

Anyways TS, you have to tune the other strings to half a step above squaragon.
Oh, hai. You must be new to The Pit ^_^.

My name is Just Andrew, and I'm a sarcastic prick, just like everyone else. 'K? All righty then. Well, if you need help, please do be quick to not ask me as I don't give a fuck as to what you say.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
Oh, hai. You must be new to The Pit ^_^.

My name is Just Andrew, and I'm a sarcastic prick, just like everyone else. 'K? All righty then. Well, if you need help, please do be quick to not ask me as I don't give a fuck as to what you say.

Hey brah, sarcasm. Read the second line. Sorry about that.........I was just ****ing around broski.

▲ ▲

Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Hey brah, sarcasm. Read the second line. Sorry about that.........I was just ****ing around broski.
Holy God.

I need a new sarcasm detector
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by Just Andrew
Holy God.

I need a new sarcasm detector

It's all good on my end. I'll have a new one made for you.

▲ ▲