Since Christmas, I've added four more pedals to my rig. I dont know too much when it comes to pedal placement, but I hear that depending on where you place certain pedals it will affect your sound. This is how my rig is setup right now:

Guitar>Jimi Hendrix Wah>Fulltone GT-500 Distortion/overdrive>Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face>Boss BD-2 Blues Driver>Big Muff>Amp

Is this a decent setup? should I move any of my pedals around or keep them where they are?

Matt
Interesting that you're running all gain pedals. I like it. I'd run them all at the same time and place the wah at the end, but disregard that unless you play doom/drone.

With a setup like that, the order doesn't really matter too much unless you do a lot of stacking (more than one gain pedal at a time). If you want to use the wah like a wah, leave it at the start, but if you want to use it as a filter then place it at the end.

Looks pretty solid to me though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
i prefer to put my fuzz and distortion in front of the wah to get a cool synthy sound out of it, but it's up to YOUR EARS not UG.
Quote by xwearesinking
Interesting that you're running all gain pedals. I like it. I'd run them all at the same time and place the wah at the end, but disregard that unless you play doom/drone.

With a setup like that, the order doesn't really matter too much unless you do a lot of stacking (more than one gain pedal at a time). If you want to use the wah like a wah, leave it at the start, but if you want to use it as a filter then place it at the end.

Looks pretty solid to me though.

I really need to invest in some pedals other than Gain pedals, but with a fender amp, its nice to have different kinds of gains in order to get lots of versatility
Having certain pedal arrangements in a chain are what you experiment with and only you decide what sounds best.

Of course there are certain arrangements that don't pan out.

EDIT: If you look at one of the multi-fx manuals you can look up their fx order and about what changes you can make.

I looked at my ADIII manual and it always keep delay and reverb at the end of the chain. I have the option of arranging the MOD FX, COMP and AMP.

Something interesting.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Feb 15, 2009,