Page 1 of 2
why play 7 when you can play an 8

i used to want to get a 7 string until while searching i found this

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG2228

so now im gonna save up for it
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by heretic-clown
why play 7 when you can play an 8

i used to want to get a 7 string until while searching i found this

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG2228

so now im gonna save up for it

I'm sorry, I can understand needing the extra register of seven strings but not eight. Just get a bass.

Also if your planning on getting that, get used to playing a tree trunk for a neck.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
I'm sorry, I can understand needing the extra register of seven strings but not eight. Just get a bass.

Also if your planning on getting that, get used to playing a tree trunk for a neck.

Ibanez=Thick Neck since when?

Anyway yeah Im sorry I think 8 strings is pointless but its your money if you want it go for it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Ninja Penguin77

lol i have large hands so i'll be ok....PLUS you have more range, you'll have some what the lows of a bass and you'll have the highs of a guitar, theres ALOT of potential in a guitar like that...in my own opinion
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Meh, Meshuggah plays 8-strings.

Throwin...that...out...there...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Ibanez=Thick Neck since when?

Anyway yeah Im sorry I think 8 strings is pointless but its your money if you want it go for it.

I was referring to wide rather then thick.

Also, my opinion still stands, just don't see much of a point.
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77

and your opinion is very well entitled, no need to be sorry
It's pretty nice for clean stuff...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-lv9ltZ2cw

Or you can obviously do some djent with it haha. Or you could take the low F# out and do BEADGBEA...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Ninja Penguin77

Ah Ic I misunderstood your post there
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by heretic-clown
and your opinion is very well entitled, no need to be sorry

Thank you, lol its not everyday you meet kind folk on the internet lol

Also, just for referance, what type of music are you planning to play? I would assume metal but who knows.

Also wouldn't that low of tuning through a guitar amp hurt the speakers???
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Why play an 8 string when you can get a 9 or 10 string?

The thing with extended string guitars is that they either don't do much for you,or they start an obsession.I have a 7 which I love,but now I'm also looking into the possibilities of an 8+ string guitar.After seeing the Halo 10 string I got a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.Guitar and bass on the same neck basically....****ing crazy if you ask me.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by aznrockerdude
It's pretty nice for clean stuff...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-lv9ltZ2cw

Or you can obviously do some djent with it haha. Or you could take the low F# out and do BEADGBEA...

...thats a nice idea but that just sounds lower than the bottom half of my ass..my god....honestly i dont think i would drop it no more than just a step down if i was to drop it
You could always play...

THE WARR GUITAR!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Thank you, lol its not everyday you meet kind folk on the internet lol

Also, just for referance, what type of music are you planning to play? I would assume metal but who knows.

Also wouldn't that low of tuning through a guitar amp hurt the speakers???

i play mostly metal so yeah you guessed right..but i would also play some blues, and yeah i thought about that with it being so low....so ill have to take a look into more info about that
Quote by DEADwin
You could always play...

THE WARR GUITAR!

My mind......it has been blown.

That thing looks insane.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by heretic-clown
i play mostly metal so yeah you guessed right..but i would also play some blues, and yeah i thought about that with it being so low....so ill have to take a look into more info about that

Yeah because I have a friend that had a drop tuned seven string through a 2x10 cab and he blew out his speakers so I don't know.
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Pr0gNut
Why play an 8 string when you can get a 9 or 10 string?

The thing with extended string guitars is that they either don't do much for you,or they start an obsession.I have a 7 which I love,but now I'm also looking into the possibilities of an 8+ string guitar.After seeing the Halo 10 string I got a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.Guitar and bass on the same neck basically....****ing crazy if you ask me.

ive always like 7 string guitars...but i never bought one, i always just played my friends and i love the hell out of it....and yeah ive seen a bc rich 10 bich and it played so nice but at the same time it didnt satisfy what i was looking for.
Quote by DEADwin
You could always play...

THE WARR GUITAR!

Eww. Expensive firewood.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by DEADwin
You could always play...

THE WARR GUITAR!

WHOA!!! DUDE!!! that made me laugh like a redneck in a hoedown full of coondogs.....damnit thats a huge ass guitar...thats a lethal weapon.........i wouldnt even know what to do with that...much less start....
Quote by heretic-clown
...thats a nice idea but that just sounds lower than the bottom half of my ass..my god....honestly i dont think i would drop it no more than just a step down if i was to drop it

I think he was in Standard 8 string tuning tbh...
But like I said, you could try BEADGBEA.

Also, keep in mind that you'll need to spend some time tweaking your tone if you play with a lot of gain.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Broken-pick
Eww. Expensive firewood.

No kidding right?

But, to hear one in action...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=10284794
Quote by Pr0gNut

My mind......it has been blown.

That thing looks insane.

it made me feel like the lil smiley on your sig getting shot at
Quote by cueva101
Just go for it. If you like it, get it, don't listen to them.

Fixed.

Jesus Christ learn to type properly! It's not that difficult!

/Grammar Nazi

Quote by aznrockerdude
I think he was in Standard 8 string tuning tbh...
But like I said, you could try BEADGBEA.

Also, keep in mind that you'll need to spend some time tweaking your tone if you play with a lot of gain.

oh yeah thats for sure, thanks for the input though
Quote by DEADwin

holy ****...someone actually plays that thing...........damn
Quote by heretic-clown
holy ****...someone actually plays that thing...........damn

I'd love to play one,just to see the possibilities it holds.The neck must be insanely wide though,I just picture double the width of a standard 6 string neck.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'd love to play one,just to see the possibilities it holds.The neck must be insanely wide though,I just picture double the width of a standard 6 string neck.

ATLEAST!.....hmm....many octaves many strings many.....everything..****....lol

heres someone playing it with two hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfsTDgUVwjs
Chapman stick. 'Nuff said. Google it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Chapman stick. 'Nuff said. Google it.

cool, bunch of thick ass neck guitars....to tap on....not for me but very interesting
Quote by DEADwin
You could always play...

THE WARR GUITAR!

Might as well get a Chapman Stick, it's a lot prettier...

And I wouldn't consider this kind of instruments to even be guitars
Quote by jaar90
Might as well get a Chapman Stick, it's a lot prettier...

And I wouldn't consider this kind of instruments to even be guitars

nah....i dont even want that WARR thing...i just wanted that Ibanez Prestige 8 string
Man, the only reason i see for getting an 8 string is if you're already drop tuning a 7 string...
Any questions you have, head to the legion link in my sig. BTW, there are cheaper 8 strings out there... I have one on it's way to me atm.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by DEADwin
You could always play...

THE WARR GUITAR!

those things are wicked. based off of the old chapman sticks from wayyy back when.

the bass strings are in the middle because its designed for 2 hand tapping.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I knew about the chapman stick and the warr guitar but wasn't aware which had come first, thanks for that.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by DEADwin
Meh, Meshuggah plays 8-strings.

Throwin...that...out...there...

mesh....ugg...ah....R0000000000LZ!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Are you in meshuggah? No? Then why do you want an 8 string?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Are you in meshuggah? No? Then why do you want an 8 string?

Meshuggah tribute band? A band that's major influences include Meshuggah? Experimental band? Guitarist that has freakishly large hands with normal sized fingers who finds 8 strings comfortable?
Page 1 of 2