Hey guys,

I have a Takamine eg530ssc. I am at college so I have it in my dorm room. I keep it in the case as far away from the radiator as I can and I use a planet waves humidifier. This humidifier sponge dries out about every two days (I dont know if thats relevant, but I thought I would mention it). As of late, the guitar has been getting TERRIBLE fret buzz, mainly on the E A and D strings pretty much from the first through the 14th or so fret. It seems to be getting worse. What should I do?

I just got this guitar in August, and I am quite fond of it.

Thanks a lot UG. I appreciate it.

Also, if this can be redirected, just show me where.
You've got the right place.

Ok, first I would get a hygrometer to see what the humidity in the case is. It should be between 40-50%, as I'm sure you already know. If the humidity is right already, I would take it to a pro to get it checked out. Best case scenario, all they'll have to do is make a few adjustments to the action, and you'll be right as rain and ready to play again.

Weird though...if it's buzzing like that, it means the neck would be warping backwards, toward the heel.....strange.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
maybe the frets are some how mest up or some things wrong with sting im real sure
Check the humidity as mentioned earlier. If the problem doesn't get any worse in the next 2 weeks, loosen the truss rod 1/8th to 1/4th of a turn to fix the problem. If the issue comes back up, take it to a professional.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
my friend had a G series takamine almost like yours that did that, he humidified right, and it wasn't enough, that guitar is majorly messed up now. its only bout a year old too.
Where the hell did slide guitar go!?!