Page 1 of 2
here's one I just made of the classic 30 combo doing metal with no boost http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=743493&songID=7341053

windsor doing metal (not me) http://lsd-tonstudio.de/sonstiges/metally.mp3

imgooley: crate v33h doing stoner doom http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imgooley/music/all/play445750

and no, this shouldn't go in the recording forum because it's about the amps, not the song/whatever.
Last edited by Say Ocean at Feb 16, 2009,
say ocean used to be the correct pronunciation of saosin when they had anthony green.
Quote by mckraf99
say ocean used to be the correct pronunciation of saosin when they had anthony green.

That's how I picked it.

Quote by mckraf99
but pretty cool sounding song

Thanks, but this is about teh toanz and ampz and ampz doing things they aren't known for
what are the settings of your amp???
and no boost?!?!?!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
what are the settings of your amp???
and no boost?!?!?!!

uh like pretty much bass at noon, mids a little above noon, treble at like 9 oclock, gain around 2 or 3 oclock, volume at 9 oclock, and an mxr 10 band eq in the loop just to kill some fizz. But the gain is all classic 30. It helps that the guitar I used has an invader in the bridge though, but it's still a passive pickup.
yeah its crazy how people often rule out that an amp needs a boost just because of a tweed finish. i tried out this crate V and it had waay more gain than i expected, like death metal practically if all the way up
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Sick thread!!!!!! And nice clip, thats crazy.

EDIT:
I request a 5150 clean clip!!!!
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Feb 17, 2009,
This thread makes me happy.

Thank you for posting that clip, this makes me confirm my intentions of getting a Classic 30
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by bulletrocks522

EDIT:
I request a 5150 clean clip!!!! And a Triple/Dual/Single Rectifier clean clip.

I'm gonna do a strat blues lead tone with the triple recto soon.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
yeah its crazy how people often rule out that an amp needs a boost just because of a tweed finish. i tried out this crate V and it had waay more gain than i expected, like death metal practically if all the way up

eh, i think that alot of the argument is about simple design. most amps lose their dynamics with the gain dimed, which usually has to be done to achieve metal on a non-metal amp.

except, not in this case.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I'll try to get some pics of the Windsor clean sometime this week.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
If anything your clip is more a demonstration of how powerful a tool an EQ pedal is, and the reason i nearly always advise people to buy an EQ before a distortion - nice clip.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by theoreticmusic
eh, i think that alot of the argument is about simple design. most amps lose their dynamics with the gain dimed, which usually has to be done to achieve metal on a non-metal amp.

except, not in this case.

exactly, my gain was at no higher than the 6-7 range, which is what most people have on standard high gain amps. i dont see why post a clean recto video, i thought they were known to have good cleans
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by MatrixClaw
This thread makes me happy.

Thank you for posting that clip, this makes me confirm my intentions of getting a Classic 30

Somebody hold him back! He's not allowed to buy anymore amps!!!!
Quote by GNRjungle87
Somebody hold him back! He's not allowed to buy anymore amps!!!!

he should be allowed to, its just that if he wants to he has to sell one. so its the RM4 or the classic 30, tough choice
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Say Ocean
Everytime I send my triple rec out to get groceries it spends my money on cigs and beer.

Sounds like something a Valco would do, too.
well that's just not on...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just put a clip up on my profile, playing some thrash through my VK with a SSS Strat on the bridge pickup. Check eet out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Windsor metal vid wont load for me. Is he using any boosts or anything?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
The Windsor metal vid wont load for me. Is he using any boosts or anything?

It should be an mp3, I'll check the link later. I think he's just using emgs.. tbh its okay, but pretty fizzy.
Quote by Say Ocean
It should be an mp3, I'll check the link later. I think he's just using emgs.. tbh its okay, but pretty fizzy.

I don't really have any experience with metal so I guess I couldn't say what a good metal tone is.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
i find that usually guitar tone doesn't have to be at its best when it's in a band setting, as opposed to alone. for example, say ocean's clip with a drums, and the windsor's clip alone. i think if the classic 30 were alone, it'd sound fizzy and maybe a little muddy.

dunno what the point of this rant is... sorry.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
i find that usually guitar tone doesn't have to be at its best when it's in a band setting, as opposed to alone. for example, say ocean's clip with a drums, and the windsor's clip alone. i think if the classic 30 were alone, it'd sound fizzy and maybe a little muddy.

dunno what the point of this rant is... sorry.

I think what you're trying to say is that as long as the tone fits in the mix, it's good... but when it's by itself it's easier to notice flaws.

?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by bulletrocks522

EDIT:
I request a 5150 clean clip!!!! And a Triple/Dual/Single Rectifier clean clip.

uhh? why rectifier clean clip?

anybody who's spent time with a single rectifier should know that they have just
as amazing of a clean as they do lead. Remember guys, Mesa is a boutique company,
and whats a one trick pony boutique amp?! blasphemy!

however 5150 clean PFFT you'd be better off getting metal out of a DS-1 through a fender frontman

Quote by Say Ocean
I'm gonna do a strat blues lead tone with the triple recto soon.

My single rectifier has some very nice fat blues tones with a les paul so it should
sound even better with a strat good luck..

BTW here is my mesa single rectifier clean channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAkpk4obJJc
Its not entirely clean, but thats because im using my old Vintage memory man which adds in a bit of analogue break up to the delays.

not the best clip. but screw youtube.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
ahahaha one time i found a local GC employee playing HXC on a fender strat SSS into a Fender supersonic... and it sounded decent?
GAHH I want my tube amp NOW.

Seriously. I am sick of solid state amps. I want a tube amp that I can actually keep and use, and experiment with for more than 5 minutes while kids playing guitar hero songs are playing over me. If you didn't get it, that basically means I want to own a tube amp, not play one in guitar center.

I have to wait until next weekend or the weekend after.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by tmfiore
GAHH I want my tube amp NOW.

Seriously. I am sick of MG's and Line 6 Spiders, I want my Marshall JCM now.

I have to wait until next weekend or the weekend after.

Just get a Mesa :P you'll never want to play another amp.
Quote by iheartmy7
Just get a Mesa :P you'll never want to play another amp.

I would get a Mark III if I was able to get one, but I am fine with Marshall JCM's.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
What JCM are you getting? I'm GASing for a 2203 800.......

More so for a Splawn Competition or Pro Stock

Anyways, so as to not spam, here's a Bogner XTC doing some mean, mean blooz tones.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by tmfiore
I would get a Mark III if I was able to get one, but I am fine with Marshall JCM's.

markIII? pfft. mark IIC+ is where its at nikka
Page 1 of 2