Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
You're stupid.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
One sucks a lot less than the other...guess which one is the one that doesn't suck....
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by soulflyV
If you can't tell you need to go back to 2nd grade Geography.

I lold
I.. uh.. umm..

*sigh*

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
coming from an American... We invented rock, the Brits perfected it
Fender Standard Stratocaster w/ Hot Noiseless Pickups
G&L Asat Special Semi Hollow
Alvarez Artist AD80SSB Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 112
Roland Micro Cube
Nobel ODR-1 Pedal
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss CH-2
Boss FZ-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah
British bands = better at live
American bands = better albums
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by delizio37

no they didn't they just made it really bland and predictable.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by delizio37

So true...

No I'm serious, really
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
British bands = better at live
American bands = better albums

I don't know. I really don't know what good American bands have any albums that can compare to Dark Side of the Moon, Abbey Road, Hail to the Thief.

American Bands should just be replaced with New York City bands, only place any American music is still coming from.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I don't know. I really don't know what good American bands have any albums that can compare to Dark Side of the Moon, Abbey Road, Hail to the Thief.

American Bands should just be replaced with New York City bands, only place any American music is still coming from.

California bands should be replaced by east coast bands, I hate west coast crap as much as I hated travelling to LA...

And you forgot Led Zeppelin IV
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
California bands should be replaced by east coast bands, I hate west coast crap as much as I hated travelling to LA...

And you forgot Led Zeppelin IV

East coast is the only thing still going on. California music scene has died, just like the rest of the country.

I mean, I think I listen to two American acts still, Animal Collective (New York) and White Stripes (Detroit) those are the only two that I still consider good.
Quote by DoTheEvolution

This man speaks the truth, except i have a combo breaker. its name is in utero.
Last edited by joe_k at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by DoTheEvolution
East coast is the only thing still going on. California music scene has died, just like the rest of the country.

I mean, I think I listen to two American acts still, Animal Collective (New York) and White Stripes (Detroit) those are the only two that I still consider good.

California and the music made by those who expanded the frontiers after the civil war
...Yeah I meant country and western, which I still hate to this day.
Southern Blues destroys the simplicity of Country.

Animal Collective is good, I agree.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by joe_k
This man speak the truth, except i have a combo breaker. its name is in utero.

Very true. In Utero is the best album from America in our time. Ten is up there too. But other than that, we have to go back to Highway 61 Revisited and Are You Experienced? to even compete against British bands. It's ridiculous, we even lost blues to the Brits, even though guys like Buddy Guy and BB King still kick ass. Tom Petty too is a good American musician, and he is really good, but still I would choose Floyd or Zeppelin over him.

PS. I would recommend to any blues fan to see Buddy Guy, best American act concert I've been too.
Quote by radomu
California and the music made by those who expanded the frontiers after the civil war
...Yeah I meant country and western, which I still hate to this day.
Southern Blues destroys the simplicity of Country.

Animal Collective is good, I agree.

See country when it was closer to folk, was really good. Neil Young's Prairie Wind album is my definition of country. Then again. Neil is originally Canadian...We even got beat by Canada.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Very true. In Utero is the best album from America in our time. Ten is up there too. But other than that, we have to go back to Highway 61 Revisited and Are You Experienced? to even compete against British bands. It's ridiculous, we even lost blues to the Brits, even though guys like Buddy Guy and BB King still kick ass. Tom Petty too is a good American musician, and he is really good, but still I would choose Floyd or Zeppelin over him.

PS. I would recommend to any blues fan to see Buddy Guy, best American act concert I've been too.

It seems like the British exceeds america in Prog, blues rock, hard rock, punk, some metal, and of course Pop.

Just look at today's American Pop scene, it's terribly ugly.
the British pop scene is still going strong.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
i would have to say that blood on the tracks wins over highway 61 for me. i can't really compare which country i like more because while there is awsomeness like the beatles and radiohead on one side, there is bob dylan and nirvana on the other. **** where it comes from, as long as its good.
Quote by joe_k
i would have to say that blood on the tracks wins over highway 61 for me. i can't really compare which country i like more because while there is awsomeness like the beatles and radiohead on one side, there is bob dylan and nirvana on the other. **** where it comes from, as long as its good.

Hell, I mean the British alternative scene since the 80s like Radiohead, the Smiths, and the Stone Roses are just uncomparably great compared to the American ones.

But it sort of started when Skiffle totally destroyed country and western in the 50s
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by joe_k

Blood on the Tracks is really good too, but my favourite is Highway 61.

But yea, it doesn't matter where it comes from, but it just so happens, most everything I like comes from across the pound from me. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Stones, Radiohead, I could go on and on. haha America has a few acts I like.
A good amount of American "metal" sucks.
/generalization
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by radomu
It seems like the British exceeds america in Prog, blues rock, hard rock, punk, some metal, and of course Pop.

Just look at today's American Pop scene, it's terribly ugly.
the British pop scene is still going strong.

lets see, most of the best modern prog is ATM coming from the US or mainland Europe, the Brits can have Blues Rock, which is probably the most banal genre of music to ever exist, I haven;t heard any good English hard rock in ages, british punk sucks compared to most good american punk, and I haven't heard much good metal or pop from England in a long time either, so what where you trying to say again?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
the brits get taught how to play piano when they're like four, and they don't have an illogical reverence to God and puritanical views like Americans do, and a better educational system and a much longer music history than America has. And their people don't grow up and look at music as bull**** and tell their kids as such ("get a job Johnny, that's all that matters").. Yeah there's virtue in hard work, but the American dream is unfortunately a lot of times the idea of making more money than you know what to do with. In that pursuit, a lot is lost in a culture, and I'm an example of that. If my parents were British they might have actually supported me when I was young instead of completely not
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
lets see, most of the best modern prog is ATM coming from the US or mainland Europe, the Brits can have Blues Rock, which is probably the most banal genre of music to ever exist, I haven;t heard any good English hard rock in ages, british punk sucks compared to most good american punk, and I haven't heard much good metal or pop from England in a long time either, so what where you trying to say again?

But that's punk...shut up. Punk? Come on....that's what America has to offer as the best? Punk? Jesus Christ....

America: Who needs more than three chords?
does it matter?

america has better jazz, dc/ny hardcore, 80s alt and 90s indie. red hot chili peppers, muse, wilco, etc...
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Last edited by reedplaysgeetar at Feb 16, 2009,
america has better jazz, dc/ny hardcore, 80s alt and 90s indie. red hot chili peppers, muse, wilco, etc...

i think muse is pretty Englished out
America basically does just have the punk/grunge and jazz. Britain has a lot. Canada has the "post-rock" genre with just two bands on top of everything else, Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You Black Emperor! Nothing else competes with those bands.
The only music thats better in Britain than in the US is ska.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
TS, I think you need rehab for your addiction to the new thread button.

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
America has hardcore I guess. Although the Brits have all the crappy Indie-Pop bands that come out on NME and all the annoying rave.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

I'm talking about the history, not right now.
the british invasion is declining, but just look at this year's grammy nominations: it's over populated with British artists.
And I'm really proud of them because they deserve it.

British, Canadian, and Australian bands and singers win.

Have we heard ANY good americn pop for the past 20 years or so?
Michael jackson was the last one.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
I don't really see a differrence on the music, just depennds on the band.

But I think that historically Engalnd's music is WAY better than American, especially in rock.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by radomu
I'm talking about the history, not right now.
the british invasion is declining, but just look at this year's grammy nominations: it's over populated with British artists.
And I'm really proud of them because they deserve it.

British, Canadian, and Australian bands and singers win.

Have we heard ANY good americn pop for the past 20 years or so?
Michael jackson was the last one.

Just because a pop artist isn't in MTV's top 20 countdown doesn't mean that there aren't any "good" american pop nowadays.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by InvaderTSN
We have Michael Jackson to make up for our bad pop anyways.

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Page 1 of 2