so i decided to take off the pickguard on my strat to see whats under it. Doing so, i took off the strings. I didn't think about neck tension stuff, and i don't have a new pack to put on. I can't put the old ones back on cuz they're too short now.

So i can't get new strings on till tomorrow. How long does it take till your neck is screwed!?!?! do i have to do anything different tomorrow once i get strings?

What if stores are closed tomorrow cuz of presidents day? haha.

Sorry for noobish questions. First electric guitar, only 14
hahahah. you'll be fine bud. my friend took strings off of his acoustic for like a month to paint it
Ok thanks. I've just heard something about neck tension without strings and how you should change it one at a time and when i took them off i was like "oh. crap.... ask ug" haha
Yea,
you'll definetly be fine.
no reason to freak.
as long as you know how to put the scratchplate back on >.>
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
Yea,
you'll definetly be fine.
no reason to freak.
as long as you know how to put the scratchplate back on >.>

yea i didn't completely take it off. just unscrewed it and lifted it up to get a look. im thinkin bout moving the middle tone knob to the humbucker so i was lookin around
your guitar might burst into flames
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by NtaPtikab
yea i didn't completely take it off. just unscrewed it and lifted it up to get a look. im thinkin bout moving the middle tone knob to the humbucker so i was lookin around

ah.
so youve hot a H-S-S configuration?
i never really preferred a humbucker on a strat
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by NtaPtikab
Ok thanks. I've just heard something about neck tension without strings and how you should change it one at a time and when i took them off i was like "oh. crap.... ask ug" haha

i think you might've heard something for the floyd rose trems. i dont believe there's a neck tension either unless it has something to do with the truss rod, even so with a floyd and being stringless it will not mess up your neck lol
Quote by Little_Buster
ah.
so youve hot a H-S-S configuration?
i never really preferred a humbucker on a strat

yea well like i said. 14. not much money haha. it seemed best bang for buck at the moment especially since i got it on craigslist for 275. And now im glad i got HSS, i use the humbucker for everything pretty much. even blues. So with the hss i get to experiment for my next guitar
Quote by NtaPtikab
yea well like i said. 14. not much money haha. it seemed best bang for buck at the moment especially since i got it on craigslist for 275. And now im glad i got HSS, i use the humbucker for everything pretty much. even blues. So with the hss i get to experiment for my next guitar

$275 isnt too bad.
what guitar are you lookin to get next?
Quote by letsgocoyote
I won't be getting another guitar for awhile now, but when i was at gc i played some nice schecter C-1's and liked the feel. And a lp studio had a really nice feel to it
Don't worry about it. Stratocasters are tough as hell. I beat the ever living **** out of mine, and just says: "Is that it?"

As far as neck tension goes, you'll probably eventually want to get it set up to your preferences anyway. Change in seasons will change your setup more than a day or 3 without strings...
"There is only one thing more beautiful than one guitar - Two guitars" Frederic Chopin
Yeah, my mate had to buy a whole new neck and get someone paid to put it on because he did that.

Just having my fun, really, I think you'll be fine too. Anyway, we'll both be screwed if it isn't ok as mine hasn't got any strings on it either and they won't arrive til tomorrow or the next day.

As already mentioned, you do a string at a time with a floyd trem wotsit, cos it takes ages to get it tuned again otherwise, not because it damages the neck.
Ibanez SZ320MH WBR (2004)
Ibanez RG320FM TL (2007)
JHS Vintage: V6SB (2000)
Tanglewood AJ870 AVS (1998)
Roland Cube 30X (2009)
Last edited by daveyb123 at Feb 16, 2009,
my strat was stringless for about 2 weeks while i was getting bits together for it.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

when you buy the new strings, make sure they are the same size as the old set unless you want do a new setup on your guitar.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
it'll be fine mate. i've never done it myself but im too afraid to mess with mine lol. just take it to a guitar store if you dont want to take any risks. it'll be fine tho, just buy new strings.
haha. You're fine. I'm refinishing my Strat now, and the strings have been off for 3+ months. Not to mention everything else taken apart.

Just don't like take the heavier gauge strings off and leave the lighter ones on or vise versa. Especially if you have a floyd.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.