Page 1 of 2
What do you think of people who cut themselves. NOT emo pussies who don't even bleed, I'm talking about the kid who wears his sleeves long because if you lift them up he has serious **** on his arms. And try not to offend others.
I am
Immortal

I have inside me

I used to do that ****, not anymore.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
The people who have serious problems, I feel sorry for them because it means they need help and they aren't getting it. IMO it's just like other coping mechanisms like alcoholism and drug dependency, in that they use it to temporarily feel better. Obviously the problem only ever gets worse, though.
I think it is retarded....

people who need help but are too scared to ask for it
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
They have serious psychological issues and need help right away.

However, one cannot really tell who is genuinely ill and who isn't, seeing as self-harm and self-hate, etc. have become such a huge fad among my generation.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
well, they obviously have mental issues that need to be addressed, and sadly that isn't happening a lot now, because everyone just associates the people with an actually problem with people who just want attention, so the ones that really need help just get ostracized and ignored.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well, alot of them DON'T want the attention, and therefore don't want the help.
I am
Immortal

I have inside me

I don't cut. People that do need help.

I shut myself off and consequently shut down for days at a time. Doing nothing but eating and sleeping. I'll go weeks without talking or doing anything. It's how I cope with things...I hate that I do it...and with things going on right now, I'm ont he verge of doing it again. I'm rambling, so I'll stop now....
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
I believe it's a terribly stupid and moronic way to get attention. I am strongly against self mutilation along with suicide.
Well, how is that any better than harming yourself? I'm not trying to be an asshole, It just seems to me that if you are going into a partial hibernation, you may need just as much help as cutters.
I am
Immortal

I have inside me

My friend did it when she was in middle school. She said for her, the pain felt good in a way and she liked to just look at it. But, she had it hard growing up and even today has the urge sometimes but hasnt done it in a long time. I do think its ****ed up to joke about it though because even if someones doing it for attention, its serious.
ugh i've had like 3 girlfriends that cut themselves. it's so ****ing stupid and retarded.

and regardless of what people say, it's not "addictive". you get a very mild "euphoria" from the endorphins that your brain releases when it senses your body's in pain. thats all.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
I believe it's a terribly stupid and moronic way to get attention. I am strongly against self mutilation along with suicide.

you are an idiot. how the hell would someone commiting suicide be going for attention. also people become dependent on cutting because it releases endorphins in your brain, which make you feel good. these people need serious help.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Feb 16, 2009,
Right, Funkyfire, It is ****ed up to kid about because it is very serious, but there is a serious difference between people who do it because it feels good, and people who do it for attention. People who do it to feel good can become addicted to it, much like people can get addicted to nicotine. I am. I don't like doing it anymore, but still, I keep telling myself it'll help. It never does, but for some reason i think it will, so i keep doing it.
I am
Immortal

I have inside me

Quote by iantheman
you are an idiot. how the hell would someone commiting suicide be going for attention. also people become dependent on cutting because it releases certain chemicals in your brain that make you feel good. these people need serious help.

Most people who ATTEMPT suicide are actually doing it for attention, per se. Think of it as a call for help.

Self-harm = Attention wanting

Suicidal = Serious issue
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by iantheman
you are an idiot. how the hell would someone commiting suicide be going for attention. also people become dependent on cutting because it releases certain chemicals in your brain that make you feel good. these people need serious help.

I base my statement off individuals that do it for attention. Recently one of my girlfriend's Exs told everyone that he slit his wrists and tried to kill himself because of her which cause much stress and turmoil to her. That is why I believe it is selfish.
Quote by Just_a_picker
I don't cut. People that do need help.

I shut myself off and consequently shut down for days at a time. Doing nothing but eating and sleeping. I'll go weeks without talking or doing anything. It's how I cope with things...I hate that I do it...and with things going on right now, I'm ont he verge of doing it again. I'm rambling, so I'll stop now....
Dude, me too. Although I don't go into recluse to quite the extent that you do (or so it sounds like anyways). I just keep to myself and let some thoughts sink in, and write in a blog that no one reads.
But yeah. I feel bad for those cut themselves. I personally can't comprehend how sh!tty they feel to want to harm themselves to that extent.
I've cut myself before, but I got over it. I basically went into a severe depression where I wasn't thinking straight, and bandwagoned by cutting myself. Within a few weeks i wised up and realised how stupid it was.

Also, wrestlers cut themselves all the time. Its called blading.
Quote by YourDad

Suicidal = Serious issue

Not all self-harm is attention wanting. My best friend cuts where no one sees, how is that attention wanting?
I am
Immortal

I have inside me

My sister carved the word "FAT" into her arm.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
Quote by metabolicmaggot
I base my statement off individuals that do it for attention. Recently one of my girlfriend's Exs told everyone that he slit his wrists and tried to kill himself because of her which cause much stress and turmoil to her. That is why I believe it is selfish.

just because you know one person who did it, and is an idiot, doesn't mean that everyone who does it is. a lot of people have a serious problem with it.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by UnintendedBliss
What do you think of people who cut themselves. NOT emo pussies who don't even bleed, I'm talking about the kid who wears his sleeves long because if you lift them up he has serious **** on his arms. And try not to offend others.
I'm not the only one who caught this, right?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
I'm not the only one who caught this, right?

Alright, I'm sorry. I should've been more gentler in my wording.
I am
Immortal

I have inside me

Quote by burndttoast
Dude, me too. Although I don't go into recluse to quite the extent that you do (or so it sounds like anyways). I just keep to myself and let some thoughts sink in, and write in a blog that no one reads.
But yeah. I feel bad for those cut themselves. I personally can't comprehend how sh!tty they feel to want to harm themselves to that extent.

Yeah, I've just never had any one that I could open up to, so I've just shut myself off and bottled everything up. I've become incredibly self-sufficient(however it's spelled). I could go for days talking about it online because I'll probably never see you face to face . I don't do good face to face I always feel like I'm being sated at and I feel uncomfortable. I need help. I don't know why I haven't reached out...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by UnintendedBliss
Not all self-harm is attention wanting. My best friend cuts where no one sees, how is that attention wanting?

That fact that you know about this.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad
That fact that you know about this.

She didn't tell me. I saw it.
I am
Immortal

I have inside me

I think it's really sad... even the ones that do it for attention... 'cause come on... they're cutting themselves to get a reaction. I know they're petty cuts for the attention seekers, but it's still sad, to a degree.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
I cut out of boredom and I know that can't be good, but meh.

We are all just flesh anyway, no different from anyone else. I hate the people who think that cutting will make them suddenly more special and 'original'. It doesn't.
My girlfriend has problems with self-harming and serious, actual depression, and dating her and becoming close to her has actually helped me understand it in people who have honest reality with it, not people who do it for reasons to fit in or any other **** like that. It's like a drug, something that allows the focus go away from whatever is bothering them, be it anger, or self hate, or feels of despair and loneliness and dread, for what ever reason, it takes that pain away by giving them another one to focus on, until it becomes another drug, a way for them to "feel better".

She knows that it doesn't really, but now she has to work to stop, she has to wake up every morning and say "i'm not going to do it, I'm not going to cut.". Myself being someone who's suffered from addiction, and I'm sure anyone else here who has can agree, self harm, in the real form, not the faggy whiney bull**** that takes away from the people who actually need the love and support, is an addiction, it is a drug in someways, and the fact of addiction is is that in someways you're never really fully recovered, you have to wake up every day and say "i'm not going to fall into that trap again, I'm going to stay up, stay out, for me, for the people i love".

It doesn't make them bad people, especially the ones who do work hard to recover for themselves and those they love. And its almost impossible to do without the ones they love, and those who love them.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Ehhhhh. I don't like this subject TBH. There are people who do it for entirely personal reasons, and while it's a particularly shitty way to deal with problems they don't deserve the shit they tend to get for it. There are of course the people that do it to get a certain image or to get pity and make people worry about them, which is not only completely pathetic, but it won't work either, most people will think less of them for it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by YourDad
Most people who ATTEMPT suicide are actually doing it for attention, per se. Think of it as a call for help.

Suicidal = Serious issue

Things are never that cut and dry. Every case is unique. Self-harm could have nothing to do with wanting attention. It could perhaps be the result of someone going through an incredible amount of emotional pain? Sure they would probably like the attention of others, but that is not why they cut. And a person claiming they're suicidal could just be crying out for help (attention wanting). Think about it. If someone really wanted to kill themselves, they probably wouldn't be telling everyone about it for fear that someone may prevent them from actually going through with it. (How many times have you heard stories of people seeming fine and perfect and then, boom. Completely unexpected suicide.) But anytime someone talks about being suicidal, they're probably raising a giant red flag that says, "Help me! I don't want to go through with this, but I probably will if you don't give me a reason to live." But in the end, they're both pretty serious issues.

Oh and another thing. Take everything I just said with a grain of salt. I'm just a musician.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
I've known one person who cuts herself. Apparently she cuts herself because she's too young to get a tattoo.

I no longer speak to said person.

Quote by UnintendedBliss
where no one sees

Quote by UnintendedBliss
I saw it.

wat
I do it for the feeling, not cause Im depressed. I hate people who do it to draw attention to themselves, I do in places where no one sees unless I want them too.
Is that fucked up? damn right it is. Do I care? Not in the least, its my body.
Well, I didn't ever cut, but I burnt lucifers sigil into my left forearm because I got sick of people accusing me of being a satanist who will most likely stab them and probably eat them/drink their blood jokingly ALL THE TIME! Like it didn't stop. So one day I cracked the ****s with them and stupidly decided that I should prove them all right and scar an occult symbol on my arm (One of Lucifer's sigil's). Needless to say it was counterproductive to say the very least, there was about a weeks worth of "Satan child" then well as I wanted it all blew over and no one bothers me about supposedly being a satanist Nazi freak who is only obsessed with death.

I know pretty mild but yea... Don't self harm children its not as good as it's cracked up to be.
I am me. Live with it.
i did a few times. i've known a few who have. it seems like the more you have it on your mind the more likely you are to consider it. when you feel overwhelmed and can't or don't want to lash out at someone or something else for whatever reason, you do it to yourself. usually if you can find someone to talk it out with-someone who will just listen-it will help. just don't become too emotionally attached to that person. remember you just need an ear and really any good ear can help.
Quote by UnintendedBliss

i'm not sure if you're epic win, or epic fail. either way, that was pretty funny

edit: Just Andrew pointed that out first
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
Last edited by psychogel at Feb 16, 2009,
Page 1 of 2