So basically I am looking for my second guitar and i have a budget of around $AUS 600 - 1000. I play mostly mostly hard rock (Alter Bridge, Velvet Revolver, A7X), but also some metal like Metallica and softer rock like RHCP. I would like it to have a mahogany body and preferably seymour duncan pickups. I have looked at the Epiphone Les Paul Custom, PRS SE Custom and Washburn WI-66 PRO. I haven't been able to find a WI-66 PRO anywhere near me but i have found a WI-200 PRO which has the Seymour Duncan pickups but not a mahogany body. Would one of these guitars be good or would you recomend a different one? and would it be a good idea to buy a WI-66 PRO from an online shop?
i love the sound of washburn guitars, for the amount you've got i thiiiink you'd have enough for the washburn x50pro/with the seymours, emg's are bleh!

but yeah the wi-66 pro is a nice choice too
I haven't been able to find a wi-66 pro in a shop though, so would buying one from an online dealer e.g. amazon, be recomendable?
Amazon is reputable online store, I don't think you have to worry about anything. I bought a TV through them (over $2,000) and didn't even hesitate to spend that much there.

(Invalid img)

Quote by ~Mr Brownstone~
I haven't been able to find a wi-66 pro in a shop though, so would buying one from an online dealer e.g. amazon, be recomendable?
Epi Les Paul is a great choice. It was my second guitar and its great stays in tune good and sounds good for the type of music I play (Metallica, Trivium, Tool, Nickelback...). The guy I bought it from was in a band that played the same type of music that you like and he had it since 2001 and its still holding up good so its a very reliable guitar
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
You could also consider a Schecter Blackjack.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=18
It's a mahogany body with seymour duncans.
I have a Hellraiser, which has EMG's, which is cool because i mostly play metal, but besides that it's pretty much the same guitar. I love that guitar a lot.
Quote by MetalGrayFox
You could also consider a Schecter Blackjack.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=18
It's a mahogany body with seymour duncans.
I have a Hellraiser, which has EMG's, which is cool because i mostly play metal, but besides that it's pretty much the same guitar. I love that guitar a lot.

I had a look at the Schecter website and I found the S-1 model (same one Zacky Vengeance uses) which meets all my needs plus it looks awesome, so thanks for that.