Poll Options
View poll results: Smoking or Drinking?
I like smoking more than drinking
20 9%
I like drinking more than smoking
99 45%
I like both of them, occasionally
22 10%
I like both of them, as often as possible.
27 12%
Screw you guys, I'm going home.
52 24%
Voters: 220.
Page 1 of 2
I could probably make two threads about this, but, two questions:

Which do you prefer?

Which is worse for you, health wise?

Weed doesn't count, we're talking tobacco. If smoking, state what you smoke; cigar, cigarettes, pipe, roll your own, whatever, and why.

If alchohol, state your favorite drinks, and why you prefer it over smoking and/or other drinks.

I used to smoke socially, but i decided to quit before i started for real. I never really liked it that much. I have recently found the love of my life; cheap vodka and sprite as a chaser.

inb4 i love to drink straight searchbar.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Feb 16, 2009,
Smoking I suppose, but I don't do either very often. Maybe I'll have a cigar or two on rare occasions with a few friends.

I've never really drank a whole lot. But I find most alcohol to be repulsive.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
If you wanted an accurate poll, you should not have put the last option in.

Well thats generally what people who don't smoke or drink say when they are surrounded by peer pressure
-Jim Morrison
What, how can weed not count?

Smoking darts and drinking don't really compare. One is all-around intoxication while the other is just a dizzy head buzz (not saying tobacco aint pleasant, just that it and alcohol are on two different levels).

Now as far as drinking and puffing the good herb, I tend to go through phases where I prefer one to the other. The days I lean towards the booze.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
What, how can weed not count?

Smoking darts and drinking don't really compare. One is all-around intoxication while the other is just a dizzy head buzz (not saying tobacco aint pleasant, just that it and alcohol are on two different levels).

Now as far as drinking and puffing the good herb, I tend to go through phases where I prefer one to the other. The days I lean towards the booze.

Well, seeing as I passed out and threw up the first time I smoked a cigarette, I disagree. I get quite a head rush from smoking. It makes me very relaxed.

And weed is retarded. Everytime I've smoked it it's hurt like hell and I get annoyed. I don't dig losing my short term memory. I'd much rather have a few shots with my friends.
-Jim Morrison
Roll yer own. Don't mean you got no money, only that you got no opportunity to shake it with that friend of mine. Roll yer own if you can't buy readymades. You won't be satisfied when you feel the sudden need to unwind.

...what?
I like to smoke when I drink, the two go together quite nicely, I don't get a buzz from cigarettes anymore though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I have a bad lung, so I try and stay away from smoking. Big fan of whiskey and beer though.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
The only time I smoke cigarettes is when im drinkin which is pretty often, but I had some incredible weed tonight. Its been a while
i enjoy drinking and having a good time at a party or something. i used to smoke but pretty much quit, i only smoke now socially at a party.
i guess both equally. ive tried to quit smoking a bunch of times, but once i start drinking, it all goes out the window.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Beer is the way to enlightenment
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Drinking is like classical music to smoking's pop country. For tobacco at any rate.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
camel lights and miller high life all day long
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
I smoked pretty regularly for all of 2008, but recently i have no temptation whatsoever when sober now, i still have the odd cigarette when i'm drunk, but i am trying to cut that out. As for weed, i used to do it but now i don't really care for it or any drugs past alcohol, i don't judge people who do it but i personally don't see an attraction.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I prefer drinking. But I am partial to cigars and pot every now and again...
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I don't drink or smoke.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
drinking definitely. But i only drink beer. hard liquor is for drunks and assholes
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I don't smoke or drink...

so...

screw you guys!

(not really I love you)

(But I'm not gay)

(as far as I know)

(...)

screw you guys!
if this was about weed i could see this thread having somewhat of a valid plot. But a cigarette buzzes you for about 5 minutes and alcohol completely ****faces you...

how can you compare alcohol and tobacco?
Well I like smoking but because I'm not a complete tool, I limit myself to having a few cigarettes a year, and only when I'm at a party or whatever. Drinking's good too, but only with company... I don't like to put too much **** in my body at regular intervals.
I regularly enjoy Golden Virginia tobacco, because it's all about the rollies, and my tipple of choice is wine if I'm at home or beer if I'm out with friends.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
far too different to compare.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Drinking. It's so easy to get hooked on cigarettes, but I find it hard to get hooked on alcohol.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Neither.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Stoner0405
Weed>Ecstacy>Alcohol>Tobacco

You my freind, are an idiot.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

i prefer smoking to drinking, but i dont understand how weed cant smoke. your asking about 2 completly different things. alchohol has a mind altering affect and tobacco doesnt.

i probally prefer tobbacco to drink as i smoke but i smoke ganj also. so if ihad to choose one or the other for life it would most definatly be tobbacco.

oh yeah, and i smoke rollies & straights equally.

rollies: amber leaf / gold leaf.
straights: marlboro reds.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by neopowell
I regularly enjoy Golden Virginia tobacco, because it's all about the rollies, and my tipple of choice is wine if I'm at home or beer if I'm out with friends.

BRISTOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL. FTW.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
That's an easy one.

Both!

When I drink, it's usually straight up. I'm a Scotch guy, but Vodka once in a while is good too. Cigarette wise, I like then heavier. Dunhills are what I'm smoking now besides the other stuff.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't see how you can compare them, they're completely different things, for completely different occasions.

Anyway, to answer your questions, I smoke L&Bs. Like a proper Brit. Sometimes Vogues, when I want to look like a twat. As for drinking, if I'm going to the pub, carling. If I want to demolish myself, sobieski or ASDA's shittest vodka. Coffee Liquor, if I want to look like a twat.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Page 1 of 2