Hey UG,

My friend got the RP150 and I fell in love with the drum machine it has. I don't wanna spend 100$ on it to just use the drum machine (i already got the GT-08 so i dont need effects)

Is there a nice cheap drum machine that i can just jam with? i don't wanna have to make my own drum beats just use some presets.
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
I've got a Boss Dr. 550. I got it used for $200 or so many years ago. It's got some good presets I guess, but they're all 1 bar in length so if you want some variety in the backing track you'll need to construct a song with the presets. It's a very solid machine and I'm sure they're way cheaper now.
Quote by Shiotflinger
I've got a Boss Dr. 550. I got it used for $200 or so many years ago. It's got some good presets I guess, but they're all 1 bar in length so if you want some variety in the backing track you'll need to construct a song with the presets. It's a very solid machine and I'm sure they're way cheaper now.

I have a 550 and I have no idea how to use it. It's been sitting on my bookshelf for years.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
if you play near your computer, guitar pro i guess. that's what i use. or if you ahve mac you can use garage band. copy and paste like 1000 times. ctrlc ctrlv ctrla ctrlc ctrlv ctrla ctrlc ctrlv, etc..
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Reaper + sampler + samples + time = better than any drum machine (and free too).
there are tons of free software drum machines out there, you can also find a lot of decent used ones on eBay.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You can download these if u dont mind using a pc. I got a free 1 but you couldnt save the tracks but there were preset rythems and you could create your own(but not keep them on free version) There is the option to buy it not sure on price but i should think its cheaper than an actual machine.
http://www.pcdrummer.com/
not only have i seen this EXACT same question asked before, but i've said that i've seen it before to the last time i've seen it!

(does that make any sense?)