Well, I've just put new SD Blackouts into my BC Rich Warlock IT (Gibson style bridge), and I completely forgot to measure heights or tape the bridge nuts. Anyone possibly know a good height or even just the default?

I actually left my guitar unstrung for a few hours (about 3 or 4), and I'm always hearing about that infamous myth. With those few hours, would anything happen to the neck that would require truss adjustment?

Also, what are some good pickup heights? I really should've measured my old ones, but out of stupidity, I hadn't.
you'd have to have the strings off for way longer than a few hours for anything major to happen to the neck tension. as far as pickup height goes just adjust them as close to the strings as you can while leaving a bit of space between the strings and pickups while fretting the last fret. if you don't like the sound just keep lowering them till you do.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
for pickup height i usually play and adjust the height until it sounds good to me because common sense dictates that as being the easiest and most trouble free-method to finding the right height for how a person plays, or atleast to me it does. common sense also dictates that an extremely simple use of the searchbar would likely answer your questions.
in my experience, every pair of strings usually needs a truss rod adjustment. dont be afraid to use it. just use a marker to mark its original position and adjust it a 1/4 of a turn at a time. I like to test mine for fret buzz with barre chords at the 1st, 7thish and 12thish frets and maybe do some bends on g string, (for my guitar atleast) to see what is best
Yeah. Thanks for the replies. Only thing is, at least with a Gibson style, As for the bridge, I can't adjust the nuts without completely loosening the string. Is this natural and I should be loosening it, or is there another way to test it?
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Yeah. Thanks for the replies. Only thing is, at least with a Gibson style, As for the bridge, I can't adjust the nuts without completely loosening the string. Is this natural and I should be loosening it, or is there another way to test it?

you mean the saddles?? well of course you can't. if you lower the saddles, you get more slack (obviously) on your strings. if you touch your saddles, tremelo screws. ect.. you will have to retune.
im sorry, I didnt read your post correctly. if you are tring to raise your saddles, you must loosening your strings. or you risk stripping your saddle screws
Quote by glenlyerkey
in my experience, every pair of strings usually needs a truss rod adjustment. dont be afraid to use it. just use a marker to mark its original position and adjust it a 1/4 of a turn at a time. I like to test mine for fret buzz with barre chords at the 1st, 7thish and 12thish frets and maybe do some bends on g string, (for my guitar atleast) to see what is best

1/4th of a turn at a time? are you nuts? i do an 1/8th of a turn. small adjustments. replacing a truss rod is pricey stuff and 1/4 of a turn is a surefire way to learn how pricey it can be. not only that but if someone needs a truss rod adjustment every time they change strings then they have much bigger problems.
Quote by noisefarmer
1/4th of a turn at a time? are you nuts? i do an 1/8th of a turn. small adjustments. replacing a truss rod is pricey stuff and 1/4 of a turn is a surefire way to learn how pricey it can be. not only that but if someone needs a truss rod adjustment every time they change strings then they have much bigger problems.

well maybe mine is busted, my method works fine. and if it busts, so what. Ill get a new steel rod from home depot for 79 cents
Quote by glenlyerkey
well maybe mine is busted, my method works fine. and if it busts, so what. Ill get a new steel rod from home depot for 79 cents

i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by glenlyerkey

lol!