Well, I like some death metal but I need to open my eyes a bit. I like Necrophagist, Dethklok (yes they count) and some Dying Fetus, but I know there are a lot more and better bands out there. So if you could reccomend some good bands and/or songs that would be awesome. Thanks.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Try some Carcass, Death, maybe the new Cannibal Corpse album.
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Use the rec thread, but anyway, check out Death, Morbid Angel, Nile, Decapitated, Carcass.
I'm too lazy to submit more.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Dethklok don't count, but you're new, you're forgiven =P.

I recommend Necroticism and Heartwork-era Carcass, Death, Gorguts (don't listen to Obscura just yet, you'll be put off the whole genre forever if you do. It's a great album, but it's messed up and it's really ****ing weird to someone who hasn't listened to much death metal), Atheist (highly highly ****ing recommended. My avatar is their first album), Pestilence, Dismember, and Martyr.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Get the discographies of the following artists and you will thank yourself.

Death
Origin
Vader
Suffocation
Hate Eternal
Quo Vadis
Morbid Angel
The Monolith Deathcult
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Origin ain't half bad either

EDIT: ^^ my bad didn't see it was second :P
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
I'd suggest you listen to the Rec Thread, it's br00t4l!!!!!1

And Cannabis Corpse.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Cannibal Corpse
Death
Obituary
Deicide
Morbid Angel
Possessed
Bolt Thrower

yes I AM obssessed with old school death metal
Possessed
Kreator
Slayer
Death

Might as well start at where death metal started, even though most of those are technically "thrash," but are the protypes for death metal.

Only get their early albums, also. Except for Death, get all their albums.
^^Oh wow, you listed big, popular, extremely well known old-school death metal bands, how knowledgeable of you...

TS, kindly delete this thread (you can do so by entering the edit option on your first post, and clicking delete), and proceed to use the recommendation thread at the top of the first page. You'll get more answers and better answers in there.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Carcass, Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Morbid Angel, Possessed, Death, Obituary, etc. For more melodic stuffs, At The Gates, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, Quo Vadis etc.

That should get you started. Then, just lurk around here, surf myspace and check out the support acts on festivals to find new bands. Applies to any kind of music really.
Bring me the horizon

But, as already stated please use the Recommendation thread at the top of the first page.
Behemoth
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.