I've got a Jackson DKMG with a Licensed Floyd Rose, and I broke one of the string tightening screws/locks on the bridge. I think I can get it out, but is there any replacement parts out there or will I have to buy a whole new bridge?
your local music instrument shop should have a replacement
if not
theres a user here on UG that can get you a discount from allparts.com
though his name escapes me

just check your local shop first
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Quote by roarinflames
your local music instrument shop should have a replacement
if not
theres a user here on UG that can get you a discount from allparts.com
though his name escapes me

just check your local shop first

Yeah, I'm in Iraq so the music shop is out of the question. Would a screw of the same size work as a temp fix? I don't want to do any undue damage to it.
i would assume so
but i wouldnt take the chance
see if any place online will ship something that small for cheap to iraq (good luck!)
otherwise just put that screw in

any chance of pics
or specific location of the screw
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.

I don't have a pic of it broken. But its one of the screws that holds the string in place on the bridge.
hard to tell
is it 3G?
Glimsom wrote:
If you are talking about the long screw that pushes the small block against the string, they are usually tapered to a point at the end. Now as long as you use a screw that has the same thread pattern/count then it should be fine. But I would order a replacement screw for it, if you are in the military, have a family member send it to you.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
your gona want something like this (http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/TRS_Tremolo_Parts-TRS_PRO_String_Lock_Screw_G.html) although that one is for a TRS trem so i dont know if it will fit into yours. ill look on the 'bay for that screw.

btw, that trem is the JT580LP. so search for that when looking for parts. it will narrow down your list and make it easier to find parts for that bridge

EDIT: you can get a complete bridge assembly (bridge, studs, spring claw,...) for $85 on EBAY. just letting you know! although you do NOT need an entire new bidge.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Last edited by f22master at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by f22master
your gona want something like this (http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/TRS_Tremolo_Parts-TRS_PRO_String_Lock_Screw_G.html) although that one is for a TRS trem so i dont know if it will fit into yours. ill look on the 'bay for that screw.

btw, that trem is the JT580LP. so search for that when looking for parts. it will narrow down your list and make it easier to find parts for that bridge

EDIT: you can get a complete bridge assembly (bridge, studs, spring claw,...) for $85 on EBAY. just letting you know! although you do NOT need an entire new bidge.

Thanks!
Thank God you weren't talking about a denture-related breakage.

I was trying to imagine how painful a screw in a bridge must be, let alone breaking one!
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Quote by Armchair Bronco
Thank God you weren't talking about a denture-related breakage.

I was trying to imagine how painful a screw in a bridge must be, let alone breaking one!

Quote by _Sanitarium_

+1 to ^^
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B