i been trying to find tabs like joe pass and al di meola but i couldn't find none, but are some other jazz tabs tabs that would interest me.
Quote by progmetalhead12
i been trying to find tabs like joe pass and al di meola but i couldn't find none, but are some other jazz tabs tabs that would interest me.
There's your first problem, most of the stuff they play is played off lead sheets. They don't play tabs.

Also, alot of their stuff is improvised. For the first few bars they might play a prewritten melody (I think it's called a head) and then they'd improvise the rest. So they'd play it differently for each gig or recording.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Subscribe to Guitar Techniques Magazine. Some of his licks pop in there every so often.

You'll also get some great ideas that have been transcribed for guitar by other jazz musicians like sax player Charlie Parker.
The traditional way is by transcription. Listen and learn.

There is a lot of material available, you just have to pay for it. Try your local sheet music store.
TS, I'll tab out some Joe Pass licks for you either in here, or in "Cool Licks Thread #2", for now tho you can check out posts #72 and #74 in there.

However , if you're familiar with ii-V-I's and the like, and have a solid understanding of how the major scale works over those chords, you'll be able to achieve your own nifty sounding licks.
Last edited by mdc at Feb 16, 2009,