I dont suppose anybody knows the answer to my question, but Im going to be getting the Vox VT30 at easter and I was wondering about the quality of the modelling compared to the old ADxxVT series...

It seems to be common knowlegde that the modelling in the "blues" ADxxVTX" (the ones with more amps and stompboxes etc) was of a much higher quality that the chrome ADxxVT series. They were made for gigging rather than practicing and apparently the valve reactor circuit is better in them. In fact I found somewhere that says "The valve reactor circuit, that does the all important power amp simulation, it's rather more complex and sophisticated in the Blues and the Tonelabs than in the chromes"

My question is, does anybody know whether the new VT series is an improvement over the older chromes in terms of its amp modelling and valve reactor circuit? Has it been designed with gigging in mind? Is it a scaled down Tonelab LE (albeit with more amp models) or is it a polished chrome series? Which does it sound closer to, a tonelab/ blue series or a chrome? Would the UK80s for example on the new VT sound exactly the same on the older ADxxVT series or has the modelling been improved?

I hope this makes sense
It seems to me like a combination between the Metal madness of the XL Series, and the normal stuff of the AD series.
From what I've heard the modeling on the VT30 is superior to the ADxxVT series in almost every aspect. In fact I've also heard that it's superior to the 'blues'. Of course this is not from my personal experience... Only what I've heard from others... But I trust the sources

Also the VT30 apparently dosen't need the 'EQ in FX loop' trick to make it sound great. Which is a good thing obviously.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Sampy
From what I've heard the modeling on the VT30 is superior to the ADxxVT series in almost every aspect. In fact I've also heard that it's superior to the 'blues'. Of course this is not from my personal experience... Only what I've heard from others... But I trust the sources

Also the VT30 apparently dosen't need the 'EQ in FX loop' trick to make it sound great. Which is a good thing obviously.

well thats good to hear! I briefly tried a VT30 and I was very impressed but I wasnt sure if that was because im using a frontman 65r at the moment or not (wanted a cheap clean amp to last me until I could find an amp i liked). Can anyone confirm Sampys post who owns one? I will post a full review here when I get it in easter but until then there doesnt seem to be much out there on this