I'm looking to buy either one fo the other.

I don't mind paying the extra $200 for the XT live if it's worth it, but all the same if there are almost no differences It's not worth it.

The music genre I play needs allot of tones, most of them heavy.
I don't plan on using it to play live, only to play in a my room and record from there.

I looked on youtube for people covering the songs I play using a POD XT but they all seem to be using the POD XT Live, rather than the POD XT.

So I was wondering about the differences (coming from people, not internet sites).

Thank you.
i think the xt live has one of the 3 available add on packs included in it already. i'm unsure which one.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
"I don't plan on using it to play live, only to play in a my room and record from there."

there you go, dont get the one called live
^^

I'm sure you're being facetious. but

also, a lot of people like to get the XT live because its essentially a floorboard pedal. as opposed to the standard XT which is the kidney bean.

so and extra $200 gets you a model pack thats worth 50$ and you don't necessarily have to have the pod on your desk.

if you're just recording and perhaps you don't need the extra model pack, then its probably more worth your while to just get the standard podxt.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I've got the XTLive and it's alot more convenient to use Plus it has all the Variax connections (which I have) and several other connection related options., but even without that the stomps are a must unless you want to fiddle with the buttons all the time. You also have 42 amp models compared to 32 in the XT. Not sure how many more cab models. To me it was worth the extra $$.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD