Hi,

Im looking at an Ibanez RG370DX and it seems a very nice guitar for such a cheap price but

1. Do they make the guitars good in Indonesia or is it the same as Korea. I picked up a Korean Ibanez all sharp frets and it sounded horrible.

2. The inlays (Sharktooth) are horrible can you replace them or get custom one from Ibanez for some extra money or is there a similair model with just the standard dots

3. Am I correct in saying for lead, distrotion, and a bit of chord strumming every so often, those pickups will do just fine

4. Is there a better model? My budjet is £450

Thanks
Quote by TheCase
Hi,

Im looking at an Ibanez RG370DX and it seems a very nice guitar for such a cheap price but

1. Do they make the guitars good in Indonesia or is it the same as Korea. I picked up a Korean Ibanez all sharp frets and it sounded horrible.

Both Korean and Indonesian guitars can be great; it does vary from model to model, though, so make sure to try the actual guitar you want to buy. Also, a lot of guitar stores have their guitars set up pretty badly.

As for the sound, it's mainly down to the amp and your ability to EQ it properly.

Quote by TheCase
2. The inlays (Sharktooth) are horrible can you replace them or get custom one from Ibanez for some extra money or is there a similair model with just the standard dots

You can't replace them without replacing the fretboard, which will probably end up costing as much as the guitar itself. Ibanez doesn't have a custom shop for the general public.

Quote by TheCase
3. Am I correct in saying for lead, distrotion, and a bit of chord strumming every so often, those pickups will do just fine

Yes, but again, it largely depends on your amp.

Quote by TheCase
4. Is there a better model? My budjet is £450

Thanks

I wouldn't go for an Ibanez with an Edge III; they're not as horrible as a lot of people think they are, but they do wear out much quicker than good quality bridges.

If you can up your budget a little more, the Guitar, Amp Keyboard center is having a sale on RGA121's (570); they're being discontinued, so you'll have to be quick, but they are amazing. There's also the cheaper RGA32, which was released this year.

Otherwise, look at the RG321 which will also leave you with enough money for some improvements.

The S470 is a great guitar, too.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 16, 2009,
Or find a secondhand RG550 or 570. Great
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red