My bro has a computer (the same one as me), but when i connected my soundcard into his computer. It sounded bad, like more treeble and the metal sounds was really ugly.

Do any of you have experienced that problem and/or know how to fix it?
Last edited by GisleAune at Feb 16, 2009,
Make sure everything is compatable. Also make sure you have the current drivers and the rights drivers for the operating system. Go to the home page of the sound card and download the drivers. They shold be under support/drivers. One last thing, was the sound card you are replacing is it an on board card or a slot card? And finally if the card worked fine in another computer then it could be the speakers.
sounds like your running in 8 bit instead of higher. Unless there is more info I would bet on a setup with the motherboard or a driver update needed.
Quote by JohnnyNash
sounds like your running in 8 bit instead of higher. Unless there is more info I would bet on a setup with the motherboard or a driver update needed.

how do i do that?
You ned to go into the device manager section and see which sound card you are running. See if the one you put in is being recognize. If you have never done this it is not easy. To learn the proper way go to Yahoo or Google and type in accessing Device manager and how to find your sound/audio cards. The questions I have is, was the sound good before you changed it? Why was there a need to change it? If nothing seems to be running right then I would go back to the way it was, Then download the current drivers for the soundcard you will be using, (it should say somehwere on the card which kind it is) THEN install the card.