Just my cheap behringer pedal seems to cut everything off when i turn it on, no noise/sound comes out the speakers.
Building one would be an absolute piece of piss, but you'd have to have some strong, metal-drummer-like calves to use it with any degree of success.
My advice: don't bother, killswitching has been done to death now and no-one thinks you look cool.
Use a tuner pedal in front of everything. When you turn it on to tune, it mutes everything
Any pedal with its output volume set to "0." Maybe you'd like to try out a tremolo pedal? A "killswitch pedal" would be pointless and impossible to use decently.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
get a pedal with no power supply, and toggle between bypass and the pedal on. but with no power supply or battery, it just lets no noise through. (at least thats how my crybaby works)
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Last edited by ihavenoname93 at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by ihavenoname93
get a pedal with no power supply, and toggle between true bypass and the pedal on. but with no power supply or battery, it just lets no noise through. (at least thats how my crybaby works)

True bypass is a type of circuity in which the signal is sent through a path without it being buffered. You mean "bypass," which indicates that the signal is sent "dry" (without the addition of the pedal's effect).

...And like I said before: a killswitch pedal is a pretty redundant idea/accessory. Something similar, but with applicable use, would be a tremolo pedal with an expression pedal to control its speed.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by kyle62
Building one would be an absolute piece of piss, but you'd have to have some strong, metal-drummer-like calves to use it with any degree of success.
My advice: don't bother, killswitching has been done to death now and no-one thinks you look cool.

Whats wrong with you? I was just asking if there WAS a killswitch pedal...
and whoever said I wanted/was trying to look cool?
i second the tuner suggestion. you get your on/off switch as well as a good tuner.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Pedalist
Whats wrong with you? I was just asking if there WAS a killswitch pedal...
and whoever said I wanted/was trying to look cool?

Well there is, and it's called a tuner. Apologies for coming across as harsh, but it seems the world and his dog want to use a killswitch these days, and the novelty's worn off a bit.
so basically this is a useless thread
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
a dunlop volume pedal, stamp it all the way back and it will kill the volume.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ