Hey. If you've visited the Bandleading forum reccentley you'll know I'm trying to get a powe metal band going

I'd gladly do the bulk of the writing as I've written songs for a project before, it never got anywhere but apparentley the songs were good.

The trouble is I've never written power metal before so what bands would inspire power metal writing??
iron maiden, judas preist, rainbow, dio, deep purple, helloween, jag panzer, crimson glory, saxon, yngwie malmsteen, alcatrazz etc..
Helloween and Sonata Arctica are the only ones I can think of, seeing as I am no powermetal fan.

^I'd say that most of those are heavy metal.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
well I'm not asking for good power bands xD I'm asking for ones that use a good vocabulary for power, I agree with HammerFall and Sonata.. God I <3 Sonata

so yeah I was proabbably a bit vague
Quote by valdean
Helloween and Sonata Arctica are the only ones I can think of, seeing as I am no powermetal fan.

^I'd say that most of those are heavy metal.

yer i know, i thought TS wanted to know the influences for Power metal. rather than power metal bands it self
Nightwish is an awesome power metal band. They're more symphonic power metal, but it doesn't really matter
Nightwish aren't power metal they're symphonic gothic but i do have a soft spot for dark chest of wonders

@ 2mins2midnite: TS??
hammerfall
primal fear
sonata artica
iron savior
iron maiden
judas priest
iced earth

there is more just cant think of them at the moment

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Stratavarious perhaps?
Hero Hero you have done so well so sit back and lick your wounds cause you won't go to hell. Take your medal wear it now with pride. Concelation for the pain and sin you feel inside