Page 1 of 2
Did it work like dide you like the feel and sound?

Did you not like it? If so did you refund it? Or kept it?

What guitar was it?

Thanks.

Okay Thanks you

Sorry about the bad English its not my first language.

Anyways choa.
Yes, it was my first guitar, sucked balls but it was all I could afford and the manager was giving me a good deal on the amp so I did'nt wanna scrutinize it. I sold it a while back. It was a Samick LS-35
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

yes, pretty much all my guitars. although i tried my first guitar when i bought it, but i just strummed open strings
I have and have had mixed results. I bought a Carvin V220 years ago and I hated it. I also Bought a MIM strat and a Parker P-42 and liked them both. So it really can be a crap shoot.

I built my Warmoth LP from parts and that's kind of like buying one before trying it, and that turned out great.
Yep
Ibanez S270(Needed tuning and what not but very good for a 11 year old guitar)
Ibanez Iceman400( Brand new, actuallly in tune and with a case. I was like "zomg!!!")

But im not sure if i would be willing to buy online from brands i wasnt fully confident in. Or really expensive guitars.
Last edited by marko'd at Feb 16, 2009,
I bought my first 2 that way. My first guitar was an Epiphone SG Special, and I knew the guy and knew he took care of it. He was hard up for cash, so he said he would take $150 for it.

My second one I bought off of Craigslist, and the guy said it was fine he just didnt want to play anymore. It was a Epi Les Paul Studio. $300. The neck is warped, it sounds fine, just hard to play. I wanted to learn slide though, so I set it up and use it as my slide guitar. Works fine for that.
all i do when getting a new guitar is check to see if it's in tune and how the neck feels, but i don't even play it. all 4 of my guitars i bought without playing first and i'm not disappointed with any of them.
Yes. It played better than what I was actually expecting it to. The sound was almost as what I thought it'd be, but it was a little different. It pairs up nicely with my other main guitar, and the slight differences gives a little more versatility IMO. The guitar was my Caparison.
yeah, i bought my Schecter Loomis FR without trying.

and i loved it, best desision EVAR, although i would strongly advise againts doing this as it cna end up being a complete waste of money. espicially if you do something like order from over seas as it would be a pain in the as.s to get a refund.

you should try and play before you buy.

think about it, you wouldnt buy a car without driving first would you? or maybe you would..
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Yes. It was a Behringer El Toro Starter Pack and Its a reall good beginer guitar
I placed an order for the VG strat when it first came out before they were in stores, so I didn't have an opportunity to try before I bought. I relied on my 20+ years of experience with fender equipment and reading every review/article I could find to influence my decision and I'm pleased to say it worked out well for me. It was the first time I'd spent that much money on a guitar and I was quite nervous about not having any first hand experience with it. Happily, I am very pleased with my purchase as it has become my main performance instrument.

I have purchased other gear without trying it and have been disappointed many times, so I recognize the wisdom of trying gear out first before buying.
I was only able to try a Variax 700 acoustic before I ordered the 700 electric, but quality wise this is the best guitar I own and the feel is perfect for me. I didn't try my ML before purchase either, but Had tried many in the past so knew what to expect. Worked out in both cases.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yes I bought/traded for a few guitars without playing them first.

The first was an Agile AL-3100 Wide which I loved. I eventually ended up selling it nearly a year after purchasing because I grew to dislike the fingerboard radius but that's a personal thing in my development. Otherwise it was a genuinely amazing guitar.

Another guitar was an Ibanez Jet King I. I thought that it was a brilliant guitar design with the coil splitting switches and overall build. It played well enough but like damn near every other Ibanez neck I laid hands on I grew to hate. It just wasn't comfortable but I really want to keep it. After awhile I realized I couldn't justify keeping it if I hated the neck so much and I sold it.

I also owned an Ibanez RG450. This was more of an impulse thing since I wanted a more metal guitar to compliment my AL at the time. When I got this guitar nothing fell into place with it for me. I disliked the trem, I hated the neck (Ibanez necks just don't seem to work for me) and the pickups were very mid heavy. Granted the pickup issue wasn't a good or bad thing, it was just drastically different then what I was used to and I had to compensate by eq'in my amp which I don't mind. Gigging with it was hell though because of that. In the end I also sold this guitar because of the neck and that was the end of that.

At another point I purchased an SX SST57 which imo was the dumbest purchase I ever made. I rather enjoy some SX guitars (although I doubt I will buy one again) but I am an avid hater (so to speak) of maple fingerboards and combine that with a flat fingerboard radius and I was in hell. I want to love the guitar badly because I wanted a strat and the middle pickup was godlike imo. I would have rather lived with either of my Ibanez guitars at the time then keep the SX so that guitar was sold within a week of me purchasing it to a very nice local fellow. All in all I am happy about making the purchase because it introduced me to a very nice man and excellent and unique player who fell in love with the SX.

I then bought an Ovation CC44 which I was on the fence about the entire time I owned it. I disliked the offset V neck shape it had but it was bearable and it was the only acoustic I owned in awhile. That coupled along with it being a bit on the bassy side was a put off for me. Plugging it in however made the guitar usable so I kept it for a bit. I ended up selling it when a close friend of mine decided she wanted to start learning guitar and wanted to buy one of mine (at the time I had 4 I believe). Since she wanted an acoustic I sold her the Ovation and bought her a gig bag for it and started teaching her. I still get to play the guitar from time to time and I enjoy it when I do but I don't think I will like to own it again.

As you can see I've been through a number of guitars that I bought and sold because in the short and long run they just didn't work for me. You may get lucky but I always recommend trying before you buy if its at all possible. You never know whats out there when buying a guitar.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
bought myfirst electric, a yamaha didnt pick it up. Seenit and was like "im having that".
Thank god i love it to play as well, doesnt get the best reviews ever but i love the sound, even more so now that ive got my boss distortion pedal.
Yeah i did, but I researched the hell out of it.

Bought my ESP Ltd MH-1000 without trying it. Awesome guitar. Only thing I can complain about is the pickups. Not a big passive fan, but there still good.
Yeah.
I bought my Washburn WI66V without trying it. I tried a WI64 DL, which is similar but not the same.
When I got the WI66V I was much impressed, and loved it much more than I imagined.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I've bought 3 Carvin guitars without playing them and I love them all. I have several others that I tested before I played them, but I trusted Carvin to be good before I played their guitars.
Quote by ibrahimasood
Did you not like it? If so did you refund it? Or kept it?
What guitar was it?
Thanks.

Okay Thanks you
Sorry about the bad English its not my first language.
Anyways choa.

Yes!
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster (Pinecaster) ... it wasn't readily available at GC or other stores when it first came out, so I bought one online based on rave reviews by the TDPRI regulars. I play it as often, if not more often, as my MIA and MIJ Teles.
Your English is better than some people here.

Quote by xXChimairaXx
Yeah i did, but I researched the hell out of it.

+1

It also depends on how much you are going to spend(IMO). I wouldn't be afraid to spend $300-400 without playing it after I researched it. I might get more nervous or less likely to buy it without my hands on it the more the price went up.
yes but with my Jackson DKMG and DXMG.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Yes and no. I have tried the model before, but not that specific guitar. I bought my Gibson Les Paul '58 and it's absolutely amazing. It came better than I thought. Also, my pedal and amp were also from ebay and they are heaven in tangible form
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
yeah, i've bought several without trying, and bought a couple i have tried.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
All my guitars so far.
I consider myself incredibly lucky to have not got a lemon yet.
my most recent guitar was a michael kelly duece phoenix. never played one before i got mine delivered. its a fantastic guitar though, and i really enjoy playing it. the thing is, i had played a bunch of other MK models and every one of their guitars ive touched has been extremely nice. i did research and made sure i knew what i was getting into, so while i hadnt played the guitar i pretty much knew what i was getting.

i do think that guitars are something that should usually be tried before you buy, but there are brands where this isnt always the case. i dont think i would ever buy a gibson made in the past 10-15 years without trying it first. fender i would be iffy, but more likely to buy without trying. things like michael kelly or high end prs guitars i probably wouldnt have a problem with. then again, i do look at all the specs and know my prefrences, so i feel like i know what kinda thing would work well for me. i prefer to try stuff first, but good research and knowing what you are after can work out too.
Quote by ibrahimasood
No.

Quote by ibrahimasood
Did you not like it?
Yes.

Quote by ibrahimasood
If so did you refund it?
Sold it to some foolish kid at school who didn't know any better.

Truth be told it wasn't a bad guitar, it just wasn't for me. Its not like I completely rooked the kid

Quote by ibrahimasood
What guitar was it?
Entry-level Jackson Dinky (I think it was like $299)
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by Horlicks
All my guitars so far.
I consider myself incredibly lucky to have not got a lemon yet.

Me too

I've played the same model of guitar for all the ones I've bought, but not the actual one I've ended up buying.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^ agreed (with jof). trying similar models is always a good idea, if you can't try the exact one you want to buy. i bought my edwards and tokai online, but made sure i tried as many of their models as possible before buying.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've bought 2

my ibanez acousitc which is nice, but not overly amazing
and my schecter which I adore
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
My first guitar was a yamaha strat rip off. Parents bought it for a birthday present. My second guitar is my Schecter Gryphon which I bought and paid for with my own money and that is why I will never get rid of it.
My bass is my Squier VM Fretless which I got for christmas this last year, I never played it before, my parents got it for a chirstmas present and I am fine with it. I love that bass, I don't need to return it or mod it, yet.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
I didn't even get to choose my first guitar. Luckily it looked good though.

It was my sister's. She only played for 3 weeks before she quit. Then, I got that Hohner strat copy and actually stuck with playing guitar.

Then when the strat copy broke, I got to choose my guitar finally.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
yea, my first guitar (Alverez RF8) was a birthday present so i didnt have a chance to try it out but i love it even though when i first got it i pretty much didnt know how to play anything. since ive been playing for 2 1/2 years, ive really come to apprecaite the quality of that guitar.
yes every guitar iv ever owned. ive always had to reset everything anyway so i just buy what i like and put it right on the bench for a setup the way i like it.. i did try a ric 325 once and almost didnt buy it because i could practicly put mu fingers inder the strings it was so out of whack.. plays real nice now though. and if i had tryed out my wildcat it would have saved a ride back to the store (dead pickup.) but that got me a better one at a discount price. so it was worth it.
All my guitars, I have played the same thing in the store though. The Ibanez I got really really lucky because I've played about 5 of them and mine is better than all of them by far. The Epi is great too.
This thread is from February, yes remember february? when it was all cold? leave it dead.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by cranium2001
It also depends on how much you are going to spend(IMO). I wouldn't be afraid to spend $300-400 without playing it after I researched it. I might get more nervous or less likely to buy it without my hands on it the more the price went up.

Really? I see it the other way around. The more you spend, the higher quality the guitar will be and the brand will offer better quality control. I've bought all of my guitars without trying them. I ordered my first electric guitar (Epi G-400) and it also was the first electric I've ever played. Not a smart decision. I ended up hating it. It was the SG itself, not that guitar in particular. I would've been unhappy if I bought a different one. My next guitar was an American Deluxe Strat. I ordered it and I'm completely happy with it. I also ordered my RG2550Z and that was great. That one is interesting. It keeps getting better and better. When I got it, the body barely resonated and it sounded very sterile like it was just strings, a bridge, and a nut. But as I played it more, the tone really opened up more. The sustain and tone increased a lot. I went to GC a few weeks ago to try out the new RG3550Zs and the RG3570Zs to see how the pickups were and they were the same as when I first got my RG. I did play a bunch of Prestige Ibanezes and American Deluxe Fenders before ordering. The guitars weren't in stock anywhere so even if I bought them from a store, they would've had to order it anyway. But doing it myself was cheaper and faster.
Page 1 of 2