I've been using GHS Bommers TNT for a while now (10-52), and I recently bought some Super Slinky Heavy Bottoms. I,ve never met any one else that plays the heavy gauge. Most of the guys and gals that I know srting up with low guage, like super slinkys and the like.

Do you use a heavy guage string? Why or why not?
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
When I had my Goth Explorer, I had heavy strings (10-70) but the guitar was tuned drop C.

Right now, I have 10-46 on my Gibby.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I dont anticipate any problems with the neck, or the action, but until this site, I didnt know anyone that had done it. I love the internet. I live in a hole in the world out here in west texas, 300 miles from anything. I wanted to make sure I wasnt doing anything stupid. But hey, if mike at the music shop, (who knows me and my Gibson Stella) had no beef with Heavy bottoms, why should I?

70 though? Damn thats thick, like a baritone string. I read that the dude from Staind plays that setup. Was the tone nice and fat? I like heavy, but I doubt Ill go that heavy, yet.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204