I went to see 'Bolt 3-D' (only for the 3D ), the film wasnt great and the 3D aspect was pretty anit-climax...

Have you guys seen some decent 3D movies??

edit:should that be anti-climatical??
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
I went to see Bolt yesterday, not 3D, but yeah it f*ckin sucked.
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
I'd like to give you an anti-climax

...wait what!? What i meant by that is that I have not seen "BOLT" but i have scene various other 3-d movies which weren't very good.

>.>

<.<
Last edited by marko'd at Feb 16, 2009,
yeah the film was very bad, i just thought the 3D was goin to be better than expected.
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
It's just a fad that bad movies use to stand out.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Toy Story.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I havn't seen any of them, but why is there so many of them in the recent half year? There hardly used to be any back only a year or two ago.
Quote by Ovenman
It's just a fad that bad movies use to stand out.

true true, ther was one part near the end when i did think what wad coming out the screen was going to hit me. Whats worse is that the 3D glasses make you look like Elton John in the 80's
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
I recently saw Friday the 13th part 3 in 3-D (it's an old movie, but theres a theater here that screens stuff like that) it was pretty amazing, you can actually get the 3-D version on DVD now.

Quote by Hakanku
I havn't seen any of them, but why is there so many of them in the recent half year? There hardly used to be any back only a year or two ago.

3-D tends to have a resurgence of popularity every 20 years or so, it was big for awhile in the 60s, then again in the 80s and now it's getting popular again.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by Crimzin2
anti-climatic*

ahhhh genuis, thank you kindly
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I recently saw Friday the 13th part 3 in 3-D (it's an old movie, but theres a theater here that screens stuff like that) it was pretty amazing, you can actually get the 3-D version on DVD now.

3-D tends to have a resurgence of popularity every 20 years or so, it was big for awhile in the 60s, then again in the 80s and now it's getting popular again.

Yeah the way things progress it has to be the future of television/films??
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Quote by bada-bing
Yeah the way things progress it has to be the future of television/films??

I doubt it, they said that about 3-D in the 80s too, but it hasn't really improved much since then, it's a major pain in the ass to shoot anything in 3-D and it still only works really well in theaters.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I doubt it, they said that about 3-D in the 80s too, but it hasn't really improved much since then, it's a major pain in the ass to shoot anything in 3-D and it still only works really well in theaters.

thats true, im assuming that the 3D aspect doesnt come in editing, its the type of camera you use etc whilst filming??
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Quote by bada-bing
thats true, im assuming that the 3D aspect doesnt come in editing, its the type of camera you use etc whilst filming??

yeah it requires a really elaborate camera rig, special lighting and usually a different approach to filming in order to maximize the visual impact, it works great as a gimmick, but most of the time it's not very practical.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah it requires a really elaborate camera rig, special lighting and usually a different approach to filming in order to maximize the visual impact, it works great as a gimmick, but most of the time it's not very practical.

I see. So it would be impossible to re-vamp 3D style old movies?? There were some amount of trailers for 3D cartoons coming soon, some look ok but if it was anything like i mentioned with *ahem* Bolt *ahem* then most of the movie is just really clear and not very 3desque, apart from some scenes
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Quote by bada-bing
I see. So it would be impossible to re-vamp 3D style old movies?? There were some amount of trailers for 3D cartoons coming soon, some look ok but if it was anything like i mentioned with *ahem* Bolt *ahem* then most of the movie is just really clear and not very 3desque, apart from some scenes

yeah, for most films the 3-D would be a waste, you can add 3-D effects to older films, but it usually doesn't work very well.

Last.fm
Quote by El Gigante
My Bloody Valentine 3D.. Hilarious...

It was only good for the gore and the *****. haha. other than that it kinda sucked and was completely predictable. I love gory movies
Guitars
Douglas WRL590
Yahama F-335 Acoustic

Amps
Vox DA20
B-52 AT-212

Gear
Digitech Metal Master