I've seen tons of guides online but don't have money or time to get the equipment, I'm gonna modify a couple of things in my Hughes and Kettner but am quite concerned with two giant 6-8" diameter Filter Caps on both sides that promise certain death? haha

help me out guys?
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
I've seen tons of guides online but don't have money or time to get the equipment, I'm gonna modify a couple of things in my Hughes and Kettner but am quite concerned with two giant 6-8" diameter Filter Caps on both sides that promise certain death? haha

help me out guys?

You'd better find the time and money to get the equipment, otherwise don't screw with things.

Are you sure those aren't toroidal transformers maybe? 6"-8" is WAAAAAAY bigger than any cap I've ever seen.

EDIT: or, are they square shaped? Those would be Z-mounted transformers, OT and PT.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Last edited by DLrocket89 at Feb 16, 2009,
to me it sounds like.... first of all... you have no idea what your talking about. even Capacitors in car stereo's aren't that big. Those may either a transformer as stated above, but I am not sure since I don't have your amp. Either way, all it seems like your going to do is take shortcuts on a $2000? amp. Just take it to a tech or something. High voltage is not something to play around with. My 1 watt amp had enough current and voltage to kill me, your amp can do it 10x over.

For your sake, and your amps, either invest or take it a tech.