I'm looking into getting a guitar and an amp, and have about 1000 euros to spend.
what would you recommend?
I'm looking for something that is good for hard rock, like a Tool-ish sound, but really tight.

and a guitar without a floyd and perhaps 7 strings, with a thin neck.

I was thinking perhaps RG 7321 and the Peavy Valve king?
Quote by Horlicks
DON'T get a Valveking.
Spend it all on an amp. Get a Laney VH100R or TT50H.

what good is an amp without a guitar?

what's wrong the valveking amps?
Quote by CoreysMonster
what good is an amp without a guitar?

what's wrong the valveking amps?

You already have an RG1570. You don't need another shitty RG.
Valvekings just sound bad. Half the cheap modelling amps I've played sound much better.
Quote by Horlicks
You already have an RG1570. You don't need another shitty RG.
Valvekings just sound bad. Half the cheap modelling amps I've played sound much better.

nope, I sold it.

gotta remember to take it off my profile.
so you have no gear at all, have 1000 euros and want a hard-rock sound?

do you gig? is a tremolo important?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
so you have no gear at all, have 1000 euros and want a hard-rock sound?

do you gig? is a tremolo important?

that is correct.
I will gig, and the guitar shouldn't have a tremolo.
Used Marshall JCM series for an amp...looking at 4-500 euros...leaves you with half to invest in a new axe, I'd go with an LTD EC series if you like LP shapes, or an Agile/tokai?
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

i'd definitely go for something LP-style for the guitar - vintage, epiphone, PRS, etc ^i wouldnt get the signature model though - overpriced!

the amp is a problem though - you'd need about 30w if you want to be heard over a drummer CLEAN (unmiced that is - are you going to be miced up?), so that leaves you with not much of a choice unless you're willing to go used

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I don't understand why you guys are recommending 6 strings when he asked for opinions on 7s...

The RG7321 isn't bad for a first 7, but you definitely need to upgrade some parts.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I don't understand why you guys are recommending 6 strings when he asked for opinions on 7s...

The RG7321 isn't bad for a first 7, but you definitely need to upgrade some parts.

-_-

read before you suggest - i didn't do it

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by hendriko
i'd definitely go for something LP-style for the guitar - vintage, epiphone, PRS, etc ^i wouldnt get the signature model though - overpriced!

the amp is a problem though - you'd need about 30w if you want to be heard over a drummer CLEAN (unmiced that is - are you going to be miced up?), so that leaves you with not much of a choice unless you're willing to go used

used is no problem at all, I would actually prefer it, because as far as I know there's not that much that can break on an amp that you woulnd't notice by playing a couple of times at the second hand shop.