Hey
Soon i'll be getting some distortion/overdrive pedals, but which ones should i get???
Please help me choose 2 out of these 3:

Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff
Boss DS-1 distortion
Digitech Bad Monkey

My budget for each one is No more than £50. I'm into Jimi Hendrix, Muse and Red hot chili peppers. For playing their styles which ones would you recommend-or are their any other good pedals in this price range??? Most importantly which 2 out of these 3 should i go for???
Please reply!!!
AMP???

id go with the USA big Muff Pi

EDIT:
the guy below me is 100% correct
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 16, 2009,
Those all do completely different things, the EHX is a fuzz, the DS-1 is a distortion that sounds like crap and the Bad Monkey is for overdriving a tube amp.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by DeathToll
u should look for a line 6 uber distortion, they ****ing rock

if he has a horrible amp it would just sound like crap..........
feel free to add me
Quote by soul_power
Those all do completely different things, the EHX is a fuzz, the DS-1 is a distortion that sounds like crap and the Bad Monkey is for overdriving a tube amp.

The DS-1 only sounds like crap if you're too stupid to use it. If you turn the level up past 2 o'clock, the distortion up past 3 o'clock, or the tone up past 2 o'clock, it will sound bad. The DS-1 isn't really a pedal that you should use to achieve high levels of distortion or to get a metal tone out of your amp. It's more for saturating your tone. I play mine through a Valveking with a Celestion 30.. the amp by itself sounds pretty good but the tone is a little bit "broken up". I keep my DS-1 with the tone right at 1 o'clock, the level at about 1 o'clock, and the distortion at about 12 o'clock, and it gives the amp a fatter tone that sounds good when you are playing lead.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by soul_power

Actually, the bad monkey sounds fine for light distortion on a solid state, that "overdrive pedals are for tube amps" myth is getting really old.

I would get the Muff and the bad Monkey, newer DS-1s really suck.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^ well most guys who buys an OD and use it on an SS probably has a Fender Frontman or a Vypyr........
im not disagreeing with you but i think ODs can sound good on SS amps if the SS amp is actually good (Zentera, Ampeg, Randalls)
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ well most guys who buys an OD and use it on an SS probably has a Fender Frontman or a Vypyr........
im not disagreeing with you but i think ODs can sound good on SS amps if the SS amp is actually good (Zentera, Ampeg, Randalls)

they can improve the sound of crappy SS amps too, I think part of the problem is that people tend to have the misconception that OD pedals somehow cause the amp to distort more, when in fact what they do is clip the signal is a tube like manner (or as close as you can get with diodes anyway) the only difference between an OD and a distortion pedal is the amount of clipping that occurs, and how hard the clipping is.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by soul_power

actually, they are all distortion pedals. all of them take your signal and make it clip (what do you get when you clip a signal?............distortion.) the only differences are the shape of the sin wave that they make, or more specifically the amount it clips your signal.

if you have a nice amp, i would get a good fuzz and a good OD pedal.
this will allow you to get the really fuzzed out sounds as well as mimic overdriven amp sounds.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.