Ok so since the last time I said this people seemed to think I wasn't good enough yet. This was what, 3-4 months ago? Well I've been practicing my behind off and I have improved greatly. I'm not exactly shred status yet, but I'm getting close. They would've taken me back then for sure, but now it's not even a question. I could have two broken arms and they would still take me in.

Now here's a little video of me testing out just how fast I have gotten since last time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-TYsQPbrI&feature=channel_page

I'm sure there is no doubt in anyone's mind now I can't join Decapitated

I already know they will let me join. In fact I am so confident I decided to go ahead and start writing some riffs. I made this one up last night. Took me less then 3 minutes. And this could potentially be one of their best riffs. Youtube is being gay right now tho so you'll have to wait to see it. Trust me tho it's amazing.

Of course I still can't play most of their songs yet, but i'm getting there. I can play the fury at about 40% and babylon pride at about 70%. But I'm sure they will make an exception, show me the ropes, and hook me up with some polish poo-nanny

So any advice you guys have? What songs should I work on/am I ready for?
Oh you!

*reported*
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by player o slayer
so you think, you can just join decapitated? just like that? lololol

Pretty much

They need a guitarist

I'm a guitarist

What's the problem?
this was a waste of my time
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
not as funny the second time, unfortunately. now you just come off as an idiot.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I think you should send this stuff to them. It's very impressive and if they don't ask you to join right away, they're pretty damn stupid.
Please be real, please be real, please be real...

All bad jokes aside, yeah, you should definitely send it to them. I'm sure your unimagineably impressive guitar skills will blow their heads off.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Well I see that you have some okay speed but it would be better if you were faster and played something more than just running scales.
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
Quote by BTSleadguitar
Well I see that you have some okay speed but it would be better if you were faster and played something more than just running scales.

Well the problem is that I don't know too many songs. Either I can't find tabs for them, they are too hard, or they get boring to me if it's too easy. I have only been playing 1 year and 6 months. Usually I just fool around with scales or do exercises or learn a lick or two.
Quote by dm4life
Well the problem is that I don't know too many songs. Either I can't find tabs for them, they are too hard, or they get boring to me if it's too easy. I have only been playing 1 year and 6 months. Usually I just fool around with scales or do exercises or learn a lick or two.

And this is why you can't join Decapitated.
I still can't play most of their songs yet, but i'm getting there. I can play the fury at about 40% and babylon pride at about 70%. But I'm sure they will make an exception, show me the ropes, and hook me up with some polish poo-nanny
wtf? You are kidding right?

you've been playing a year and a half, you can't even play your own riff, you can play 'fast' scales at a speed which is slower than most of Decapitated's riffs, you can't even play any of their songs, you haven't shown any lead guitar capibility, you're awfully confident for such an awful musician, and last but not least, only one of the members is healthy atm, I don't think they're even accepting audition tapes, and if they were, I'm sure they'd have a right laugh at you

Good day.
Quote by \m/Gaz

you've been playing a year and a half, you can't even play your own riff, you can play 'fast' scales at a speed which is slower than most of Decapitated's riffs, you can't even play any of their songs, you haven't shown any lead guitar capibility, you're awfully confident for such an awful musician, and last but not least, only one of the members is healthy atm, I don't think they're even accepting audition tapes, and if they were, I'm sure they'd have a right laugh at you

Good day.

Heel Gaz, haha! I know this thread and its creator is ridiculous, but don't crush his dreams of playing the guitar.

As for the video, it was not too good. Listen, dtm, you really need more time playing guitar before you even need to bother thinking about joining a band like Decapitated. No matter what you think, your playing is nowhere near the level it needs to be to contend with the stuff the guys from Decapitated are playing. However, that's not to say you'll never be that good. Keep practicing and you'll get better. Start learning different songs and branch out. Forget about Decapitated, because they are not going to give you one listen. I hate to tell you that, but its the truth. Your not a terrible guitarist, but you really need to practice more before you start bragging about your skills.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by \Powerslave/
You're lacking the Goatness to join Decapitated.

Yea! You gotta have some goats, man!
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Heel Gaz, haha! I know this thread and its creator is ridiculous, but don't crush his dreams of playing the guitar.

it just annoyed me that he is so insistant that he's going to be in Decapitated when he sucks 12" meaty penis at actually playing guitar.

I've been playing for 6 years now, and I've never even considered applying for a band like Decapitated, I just started my own band
I smell a troll.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
ROFL!! OMG WHERE DID THIS GUY COME FROM??!!! (belly bursts from laughter)

Man you really made my day... YOU, NOW ARE READY TO ENTER FKING DECAPACITATED??!!
come fking on... keep dreaming dude

(I lol'd xD )
Quote by \m/Gaz

Good day.

Agreed.

TS, GTFO.
Go for it, seriously, maybe Decapitated will even show you how they got their name.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Ok so since the last time I said this people seemed to think I wasn't good enough yet. This was what, 3-4 months ago?

but your an 09er...

EDIT: I just looked at their myspace your a dick for trying to replace anyone right now 1 is dead and 1 is in the hospital and you still have a long way to go before you reach their level
Last edited by therealtater at Feb 16, 2009,