Well, I'm not to sure if this is the right place to ask this but.

I'm wondering what the bst type of pick to use while sweep Picking. I know Pick is a Huge personal Prefrence but I tend To use Heavy Picks.. But slowly Worked my way Down To a 1mm.. And I sure Haveing a Heavey pick Won't help With sweep Picking... Seems To me The lighter the pick the Fluidly It will sweep over the Strings... Thats Just What I'm guessing I'm Probally Wrong But If anyone knows More about this Than It will be Greatly appreciated.. thanks
As you said, personal preferrence. I'd also add it's in your hands/wrists how you sweep pick and what gauge you prefer because of that.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by nightraven
personal preference

there is no magic pick that transforms you into pablo gilberto

I know.. but There has to be something that helps... hey I Have the Tequnice Completely Wrong and the pick Dsnt mattter but the way I do it ATM the Pick Seems to be a big factor
I use sharpened Jazz 3s or a sharpened Tortex 3. When you sharpen them, they glide easier... but I go down well past 220 grit, I forgot what I used...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
http://www.v-picks.com/Shedders.html

These picks although thick are designed for sweeps and whatnot. Seeing as I can't really sweep yet, my friend tried one for a few basic sweeps and said it was great. People I know are always surprised at how comfortable any of the V picks I've let them use to try em out, are despite how thick they are.

Edit: But I forgot to add, picks is all personal preference, and whatever you like the most will probably be different then alot of other people.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Jazz III's
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I prefer 1mm ultex picks, but give me any pick of 1 mm or bigger from any material or brand and I can sweep "acceptable" with it. It really doesn't matter.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Try using the round end.

It helped me.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
In theory it would be easier to use something with no give. Make sure you pick the string with the very tip of the pick and no more. Just barely touch the string. However, the personal preference thing comes in and I prefer to use the orange tortex. I think its one of the most versatile picks around. A thick sharp pick would allow you to have minimum contact between the string and the pick allowing you to glide over the strings.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
Jazz III ultex picks. I swapped from dunlop nylon picks, and my technique got so much better.
The sharper the pick you have accents the notes alot better, when I used to suck at sweeping I used to end up grinding my picks down halfway or more, and played on the dull end. But I now realize it was horrible, and I try to use sharper thicker picks.
i use dunlops, not the tortex or anythink, the standard red ones... .50mm i thinks..
anyways..been using them for 5 years now..do everything ive tried to do!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by nightraven
personal preference

there is no magic pick that transforms you into pablo gilberto

QFT although Paul isn't much of a sweeper.