Hi, im thinking seriously about getting a new Line 6 Bogner Valve head or combo. ive got marshall VM combo, Tsl 60 head with 1936 cab but none of them give me the versatility that im after, can you recommend or not as the case may be the line 6 bogner valve amps?
thanks
spike
what genres do you play??
and wat is your FULL budget??

the line 6 Spider Valve is quite good but i rather have a Vypyr Tube
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I wouldn't really go for them. Yes, they are a step up from Spiders and sound somewhat good, but I really think you could save up some money and get one the Randall amsp with the switchable preamp modules. INfinite versitility with one of those amps. The name of the series escapes me though. I am thinking the RM series?
You already have 2 pretty nice amps. I would look at the POD X3 Live for versatility.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
hi and thanks for replies, i mainly play rock from 70,80, to the present day, i use Gibson l p studio and American std strat, my budget is around £500.
My brother-in-law has the 100 watt Line 6 Bogner head and matching cab with the Celestion V30s in it. It's a beautiful sounding amp and very versatile in terms of the tones you can get out of it. You can get the tones you are wanting out of it.

But one caveat ... its just ungodly loud. If you aren't planning to play live venues without a PA often it's overkill on the power.
^
That, and it sounds bad past volume 4. Sounds WAY to....aggressive? Even on the clean channel.
Sweet.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I wouldn't really go for them. Yes, they are a step up from Spiders and sound somewhat good, but I really think you could save up some money and get one the Randall amsp with the switchable preamp modules. INfinite versitility with one of those amps. The name of the series escapes me though. I am thinking the RM series?

awesome suggestion, i think its the MTS series
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I've heard the combo version of the Line 6 Bogner valve. It sounds great, and it comes loaded with effects and such. A dude that goes to my school was screwing around with his Ibanez on it, it sounded very nice.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
If you can't get versatility with the Randall MTS Series you're doing it wrong. However, in your position I would simply start to build a rack setup with a few different preamps, maybe even a reamping job in there with your combos as well.