First off. I'm not exactly sure how these work, but I think I have the general idea...When its pushed it controls one thing, and when pulled it controls another (right?). So my idea was, could I wire it so that when my volume knob is pulled it mutes the guitar? So basically make it into a killswitch. Or is this not doable..?

Thanks for the help
-Chris
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Bump?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Put it in GB&C they would know.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
yea you can...

there are 3 lugs on typical pot that you use. With a push pull pot there are two sets. Pushed down it uses one set of three, and pulled up it uses the other set of three....

Now with the three lugs, the middle (iirc) is the lug that is your output, you would want to wire them both the same, but with one of the sets you would need to wire that middle lug to ground. So obviously when pulled that way, whatever signal you are putting into the pot is going to travel to ground and silence the signal basically
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
you could make a killswitch with a push-pull pot but i wouldn't recommend it unless you simply want a mute switch for when you're not playing it. It'd be hard to do tom morello style rapid on/off effects with a push-pull. It's hard enough switching it in the first place, so it's not very practical mid-song.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.