Page 1 of 2
I'm having an argument with one of my friends who says blues is nothing but slow and boring. I've already gone the BB King / clapton route and it hasn't helped her realize it. She's a metal fan.

Help me quickly!
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
How about you accept other peoples opinions?
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by Liam.
How about you accept other peoples opinions?

I do but she's bashing mine so I just need to end the argument. I like metal too, I just don't think one should outright say that "blues is for old slow people" and stuff like that.

I thought this thread was about the color blue. Nevermind.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

BB/ King or Clapton.

EDIT: Damn, nvm. Johnny Lang is blues isn't he? Or Buddy Guy, Bo Diddeli, Marcia Ball? STEVIE RAY ****ING VAUGHN.

That is all.
Last edited by Aguamento at Feb 16, 2009,
Tell her to give her opinions while making you a sandwich.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Tell her to give her opinions while making you a sandwich.

How did I miss that

Just yell 'bake me a cake women'
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Just tell her she's a woman, therefore she cannot comprehend the complexities of a more sophisticated and obviously more cerebral form of music.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
Show her some Black Keys, they are surely a rocking blues band. I havent met anyone who doesnt like the black keys, just those that dont know of them.
Black Keys, John Spencer Blues Explosion - I could go on.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
tell her to listen to the likes of son house, blind willie mctell, blind willie johnson, lightnin' hopkins, and howlin wolf.
Say that a lot of metal players use penatonic licks and are heavily influenced by the blues . Therefore may famous solos couldn't have been created if the blues didn't exist.
joe bonamassa
walter trout
stevie ray vaughan

they arent boring
also, why are you TALKING to a woman, shouldnt she be in the kitchen or something? tell her to get back to work
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by a_man
Say that a lot of metal players use penatonic licks and are heavily influenced by the blues . Therefore may famous solos couldn't have been created if the blues didn't exist.

This is basically how I just won the argument and it's over aim, go figure

Since we have already said SRV, Jimi Hendrix! Plus, alot of Rock 'n /roll guitarists are bluesys too. Chuck /berry, many more, ect....
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
This is basically how I just won the argument and it's over aim, go figure

With any style of music, there's a large percentage of rubbish, and a few great songs.

In my experience, heavy metal has a much larger percentage of bad songs, balanced with some outstanding and creative work.

Also consider that currently blues is not popular in the mainstream. It's in one of those in between periods. (That also means that heavy metal is pop!)
If y'all din't have no blues, y'all wouldn't have had no rock n' roll.
If y'all din't have no rock n' roll, y'all wouldn't have had no metal.

So shut yer pie hole.

Besides, in my experience, people who listen to metal exclusively tend to be some of the most annoying elitists. No point trying to change their opinions on anything.
I'm having an argument with one of my friends who says blues is nothing but slow and boring. I've already gone the BB King / clapton route and it hasn't helped her realize it. She's a metal fan.

Help me quickly!

Theres your problem she's a WOMAN!

Nah

But Throw Some ''Muddy Water'' in her face!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Rory Gallagher!!!
Gary Moore!!!!
Lazy - Deep Purple!!!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Yeah, it's kind of at the point in the argument where she knows she has lost and we both will just keep our opinions..

and for all the gender comments, I'm a girl too...

give her jeff beck... the man is not boring at all, and is still blues, or drop some gallagher on that biatch
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Yeah, it's kind of at the point in the argument where she knows she has lost and we both will just keep our opinions..

and for all the gender comments, I'm a girl too...

Then stop the argument,If she cant respect the cornerstone of modern music,then dont bother,it's a lost soul.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I wish I knew girls that had discussions like this . all the ones I know are into top 40 type artists.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I am somewhat ignorant of the blues history, but isn't it similar to jazz? If this is the case, I would suggest to her to jazz fusion metal band Cynic as a way to "ease" into blues (and jazz) music. I agree with her though, in a lot of ways it is slow and boring; but there are technical aspects that I enjoy about them as a guitarist.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
I am somewhat ignorant of the blues history, but isn't it similar to jazz? If this is the case, I would suggest to her to jazz fusion metal band Cynic as a way to "ease" into blues (and jazz) music. I agree with her though, in a lot of ways it is slow and boring; but there are technical aspects that I enjoy about them as a guitarist.

BB King is a story teller.So it suites him well. BB King isn't the only blues musician ever.
tell her to get back in the kitchen. (although you should still value opinions and imo, metal > blues but im still a sort of blues fan.)
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Last edited by _InsanitY_ at Feb 16, 2009,
Satch and Mark Morton. Yea. Yeeeaa.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
You have to correct her, it's slow, boring, and includes people making ugly facial expressions while playing a 10 second bend.
Quote by a_man

This.

Metal wouldn't even exist without blues... It's just my opinion though...
Page 1 of 2