i want to know some things i can try to figure out a song by ear and not search for the tabs online any helo would be great help
A lot of creedence clear water stuff is great for picking out chords.
Black Sabbath has a lot of nice, repeated riffs that are easy to pick out.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by draeday
i want to know some things i can try to figure out a song by ear and not search for the tabs online any helo would be great help

Listen to the song, play a note on your guitar to see if it matches, then go from there?
It might take a while to figure it all out like that though.
try to figure out a key for it and then try and match the chords. or if you don't have the patience, just solo along to the song the whole time, thats what i do.
you really got to know your way around all the frets and tones in order to play by ear
Quote by Timehbgood
Listen to the song, play a note on your guitar to see if it matches, then go from there?
It might take a while to figure it all out like that though.

learning a song by ear takes a while. although if you know the key its in it goes MUCH faster. youtube is great also, usually u can find at least one guy on there who knows the song note by note and doesnt have a tab. that way u can use ur ear and eyes to help. usually what ill do is all use the person to figure out the key and figure out the basic area where the song is played, and figure it out by ear.
I am currently trying to learn all of the Guns N Roses back catalogue by ear. In general, I'll try playing along, just banging the usual suspect chords (If you're playing simplistic music, sharps and flats are rare :P ) and then if I get annoyed, I'll check the tab briefly (my computer is far from the guitar, so I get a chance to forget it slightly) then use that to perfect it.

And it's a process - I can now play along to most of Guns' slower solos without any prior knowledge of them other than the position - a couple of months ago, I couldn't work out the riffs!

Keep truckin.