Page 1 of 18
I saw the bass wars V thread that "the humanity" posted and it seemed like a very good idea. So, I thought it would be cool to start a guitar wars.

So, if you want to have some proof of how awesome someone is, if you want to see if this guy's solo piece is better than that guy's, come witness.

the rules
-1-3 minutes long.
-must be in by the deadline (Wednesday, May 13th)
-guitar oriented, no keyboard, bass, trumpet solos

Ends up that Bornfidelity had some unfortunate setbacks...but Sora accepted a rematch so there will still be a final round!
AND THE WINNER IS:
bornfidelity!
You are now god of the guitar forum (i guess...)

Good job to everyone who participated, especially Sora 01 for also making it to the final round!
Last edited by RozzLe at May 20, 2009,
Is this a new hope or ... The one with Jar Jar.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

i'm not competing

but i'm willing to lay down a rhythm track in a metal style for anyone wanting it (i have nothing better to do)
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I hope this works out for you lot better than it does us... prepare for mass drop-outs and excuses

EDIT: You may be able to rope a guitar forum mod in to this to give a short, unofficial ban for dropouts. Helps to stop the comp getting boring due to people get through on default.
I'm in.
But, some details I need, does it need to be with a backing track or is that optional/not allowed?
I'd also need the deadline, probably get one done tomorrow though, school holiday and no life = guitar playings.

Also does it have to be a "song" or just a showoff of technique? Or can it be either?
Also, I'd like to know, as these are battles or whatnot, will I have to do more than one recording?

Another, is there any specific genre, stye or whatever it needs to be in?

EDIT: Squierlolz, that may be helpful for me if you're willin'
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Feb 16, 2009,
I'll compete for a change after having dropped out of Bass Wars the last time. ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Punk Ninja-

Back tracks of other instruments are allowed.

It should be instumental. Look at the bass wars profile for examples:
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/basswarsv/music/

There will be multiple rounds. If you make it to the next round, you will need to post another recording.

It does not have to be any specific genre

Before I post a deadline, I need more people to join, at least 9 (3 to a group)
Im a reletively new player if you want me to join I will
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by Y00p
So basically, we can just record a song with as many instruments as we'd like?

As long as the guitar is the most prominent in the mix, yes.
Quote by RozzLe
sure youre in

AWESOME! What about judges?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Noone else wants to join?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
What's the criteria? If it's a technique/melody comp count me in. If it's a "how fast can you play" comp I'm not interested.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
What's the criteria? If it's a technique/melody comp count me in. If it's a "how fast can you play" comp I'm not interested.

its definitely how good it sounds and technique, not "how fast can you play." lol that sounds dumb. faster isnt always better. youre added
Quote by RozzLe
its definitely how good it sounds and technique, not "how fast can you play." lol that sounds dumb. faster isnt always better. youre added

Well you get what I'm talking about

Coolness! I've been meaning to record some instrumental stuff anyway.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Does it have to be a original work or can it be a cover?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Are we talking original stuff only or are covers allowed?

EDIT: Woops :P Question still stands though
Last edited by xFilth at Feb 17, 2009,
I assume maybe something either composed on a midi style program, or something recorded on a MIDI guitar?

Also, I'l have mine recorded tomorrow hopefully, it'll be on video because my new laptop seems to have some messed up soundcard that makes all recordings sound soaked in flanger.
If midi is legit, count me in.
I cant record at the moment, perhaps next week or so
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I assume maybe something either composed on a midi style program, or something recorded on a MIDI guitar?

Also, I'l have mine recorded tomorrow hopefully, it'll be on video because my new laptop seems to have some messed up soundcard that makes all recordings sound soaked in flanger.

well you can get it ready now, but were not gonna be posting until signups are done, which will be a few more days maybe. i'm hoping to get 18 people but if by lets say thursday or friday we have at least 9 then we'll start.

oh and im sorry for not knowing lol but what is MIDI?
Quote by RozzLe
well you can get it ready now, but were not gonna be posting until signups are done, which will be a few more days maybe. i'm hoping to get 18 people but if by lets say thursday or friday we have at least 9 then we'll start.

oh and im sorry for not knowing lol but what is MIDI?

Midi is ditigal music, like the stuff you write in guitar pro/power tab

And Im pretty sure this wont be allowed It's about playing-skills, not composition skills, yes?
I know the stuff doesn't need to be ready for now, but I'm away from school for the week, so I'm taking advantage of my lack of social life by doing some compositional work and recording for this contest.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I know the stuff doesn't need to be ready for now, but I'm away from school for the week, so I'm taking advantage of my lack of social life by doing some compositional work and recording for this contest.

i have a week of next week so i'll work on some stuff then
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
sounds good.

I'm awaiting to hear the entries in this contest, I love to hear UGs music!
I also can't wait to hear what I'm up against, assuambly a realisation that I've wasted my 3 years of guitar playing!