K so i have a norman acoustic on which i recently replaced my strings. I know for a fact that i replaced it with the same type that was on it before but right now they sound really twangy and my old strings sounded a lot warmer. I figure that i just have to break in the strings a bit but am wondering how long this should take cuz im playing in a music festival on this friday and am not liking the sound of my guitar at all right now.
Any helps appreciated thanks.
few hours of playing, depends how hard you play.. lol
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
Yeah... probably just a few hours. You can also pre-stretch you strings to make them go in tune more easily. The warmth of played in strings can't be substituted though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
The problem isnt that they dont stay in tune they just dont have the warmth they used to. Ive played it for a good 8.5 hours after puttin em on and ther still pretty twangy but a lil better.
Go to the 12th fret and tug at each string about 2cm away from the fretboard. Then retune. Repeat the process a few times on each string.

Just make sure you don't pull TOO hard is all.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Actually, you should stretched the string along the entire length, even behind the nut. Dont just tug at it, you should have 1 finger above the string and 1 below in a staggered position and press both fingers together. this way you arent putting as much stress on the tuners or the bridge. Prebending the string at the bridge before you string it is also a good idea. As for the warmness, try eating cheetos then playing, the extra crud should get make bright strings appear warmer.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup