I was looking into getting some different strings and getting a different sound out of my guitar. I'm currently using a Gibson SG standard (Stock set up) with Regular Slinky 10/46 Earnie Ball strings on.

I was looking at using some hybrid strings, light top strings and heavy bottom strings. I came across these Zakk Wylde custom strings 10/60 which I'm sure will do the trick.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/strings_pip&id=344&pmh=products/strings

My only really question is how will these be under standard "E" tuning as I use this alot along with drop tunings. Will there be so much tension, I could imagine the string snapping tuning to E on the bottom E string? But having said this I know Zakk uses standard tuning as well as drop tunings?

Thanks peeps, not to sure when it comes to this sort of stuff so I'd appeciate your advice!
I had them on my Les Paul Custom once, i found the top strings really uncomfortable in Standard, but in D and most drop tunings they were good, held tune well...
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
I had those gauges in GHS when Zakk was still with them. They felt hella lopsided. I did tune up to E standard with my V, but it wasn't comfortable. I don't know how Zakk plays them like that, and if you drop tune, your upper 3 strings will be way too loose. I'm not really a fan. For me, the top is great and the bottom is too retardedly thick. Maybe you'll like them though, the are different.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
@ szekelymihai, haven't been to the shop I've had the guitar for a while and always used 10/46 strings on it. Was just talking to a mate and was thinking of trying something different.

I think the best thing will be just to buy a pack and give them a go and see how I find them, never know unless you try I guess!

Thanks guys
Quote by YoHendrix
I had them on my Les Paul Custom once, i found the top strings really uncomfortable in Standard, but in D and most drop tunings they were good, held tune well...

hahaha, cmon! 10/60s in standard - who does that!?

I somehow think they were never made with that in mind....
Im sure i read somewhere that zakk tunes to standard but with the low E tuned to B instead.
Well I ordered a pack so we'll soon see! I do use some drop tunings but also play in standard a fair bit so as long as my guitar neck doesn't end up in a bow or snapped into with tuning it standard it'll be a good start!