I was wondering how to you would go about becoming sponsored/endorsed for music? Also does anyone know of new or upcoming guitar companies?
Most of the big companies (Ibanez, Schecter, Gibson, etc..) require a nationally released album and an extensive tour schedule. However, some up and coming companies might give you a Level B endorsement which is just a large discount. So instead of paying $800 for a guitar, you might pay $400-$500.
Quote by Slicer666

/thread
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Be popular.
If you get into a band that is touring your country (or a large area of said country) and are well known (supporting big bands, or headlining your own shows) you may then get an endorsement deal, but not with someone like Fender or Ibanez, a much smaller company.
But it ain't a stroll in the park.
I know about going huge but I'm not really looking for that just like a little endorsement deal.
seymour duncan will sponsor you if your signed
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Just get a record deal and start touring. Then, send the company or companies of your choice a press package. If you're lucky, you'll get an endorsement deal.
Quote by ledzeppelinman
I was wondering how to you would go about becoming sponsored/endorsed for music? Also does anyone know of new or upcoming guitar companies?

Touring alot. Being advertised alot. Being endorsed is like advertising for the companies. If you're not getting much coverage they won't endorse you.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

There are exceptions though.

I am endorsed by a large amp maker (don't want to mention the name because i'd like to stay anonymous) and i got that deal even before we were signed. It's also about creativity.

Get friendly with the artist realtion folks, show up at gigs of bands that are endorsed with your brand of choice and befriend them so they can put in a good word for you.
Put up the brands you play on your site and myspace so when you get around to asking them you can say 'technically ive been endorsing you for years', and blablabla.

there are more ways to it than just 'being signed'. A lot of the times it's 'who' you know.

All in all though, no exposure = no deal. you need some form of perspective to your b(r)and.
Last edited by xl999 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by xl999

I am endorsed by a large amp maker (don't want to mention the name because i'd like to stay anonymous) and i got that deal even before we were signed.

...so your a liar.
No means maybe
Quote by pilgrimevan
...so your a liar.

whatever dude. i knew that was coming, but i dont feel the need to defend myself on this.
just whatever.
Quote by JackalUK
Show us a picture of your mighty amp then!

that would kinda beat the purpose of staying anonymous then wouldnt it ;-)
Seeing your amp will let us know who you are will it..

Because it will be SSOOOOO unique
Quote by xl999
that would kinda beat the purpose of staying anonymous then wouldnt it ;-)

awwwww look, he's all shy n shizzle.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
awwwww look, he's all shy n shizzle.

I've found Snoop Dogg!!!
Watch Rob Chappers' video- on top of being one Hell of a dude he's put together the best video on this subject.
Quote by JackalUK
I've found Snoop Dogg!!!

This aint wheres wizzle fo shizzle.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon