I'm curious if grabbing an EQ pedal would be worth it. I just checked MF to see the average price range, I'm willing to dish ~$100, $150 at the absolute most, though of course would prefer to keep it lower.

I'm mainly hoping to have a pedal where I could have various tones recalled whenever needed, for example hit the pedal for a Hendrix tone, then switch to a warmer fatter bluesy tone for another song, etc. (I don't know that all/most EQ pedals do this, if so then there ya go).

Thanks for any help.
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue
I have the little $30 danelectro 6 band Eq and its really nice for attenuating/gain boosting, and generally tightening the sound up. No presets tho, its all done via sliders, as are most I believe.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
yes it is worth it it shapes and empisizes your tone also i have 3 so i know what i am talking about get a DOD FX40B 7-band i got mine for 40 bucks but that was because i am friendly with the guys at my shop. but they are originally 60-70 bucks
Oh Hey look at my signature
MXR 10 Band EQ is ****ing awesome man, and its like 120
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
MXR 10 Band EQ is ****ing awesome man, and its like 120

Hell yes it is amazing
Oh Hey look at my signature
Been checking it out, it does seem a good one. However I really would like some means of having several preset tones I could hit with a footswitch or somehow-- is there an EQ pedal that does this or am I looking for another device?

Thanks
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue
Well the only thing that you can really do that is with a multi-fx pedal which genrally doesn't sound to amazing.

Either that or have like 6 EQ pedals setup for diffrent tones but obv that would cost tons and be a great hastle.
^thats pretty much right

just go with a mxr for now, and if you feel like it you could like 5 other eq pedals later
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by michaelscofield
Been checking it out, it does seem a good one. However I really would like some means of having several preset tones I could hit with a footswitch or somehow-- is there an EQ pedal that does this or am I looking for another device?

Thanks

maybe if you could find some sort of digital midi-capable EQ, but i have no clue if those exist
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.