what genres do you play??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i play alot... classic rock, grunge,modern grunge/rock, metallica style metal nothing rougher, progressive rock, clean electric, eric johnson n such
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Feb 16, 2009,
the Fender Super Champ XD would be better..........
feel free to add me
hmm ic but the super champ i think is higher wattage n i need to keep the wattage low, is the deal a good price?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
hmm ic but the super champ i think is higher wattage n i need to keep the wattage low, is the deal a good price?

its $259 new i guess its good but i just saw that you play metallica and grunge........
Go look for a Vox vt30 or a Roland Cube 30x instead..........
feel free to add me
I own a Super Champ.

It's pretty awesome. I think it's better than the Blues Jr, because it has a Line Out in the back, and you can rig an 8 ohm Cab to it. I plan on getting a Marshall 4x12 soon, or the Hotrod Deville extension cab.

If you need to keep the wattage low, then do get the Vibro Champ. It's the same thing basically, just 5 watts. If it has the custom 16 voicings like the Super Champ, then setting 14(the Fender Metalhead), is good for grunge and that early Metallica sound, since you said you play that. Just get the footswitch for it(if the Vibro Champ can use one), and you'll be good.

The Vox Valvetronics are good, but are kinda...wannabe tube amps. They have one preamp tube, while the Fender Champs have 2 6V6's and a preamp tube. The Valvetronics have good digital settings, but the Fenders take pedals a lot better.

Before I bought my Super Champ, I was going to get a Vox VT50, but I got a Super Champ and a Tubescreamer instead. Much better tone-wise.
Gear:
80's Fender P-Lyte Bass
Hartke 1x15 and 4x10 bass stack
Fender Strat HSS
Fender Super Champ XD
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Epiphone Acoustic/Electric
Trying to get...Epiphone Viola Bass/Hummingbird.
I don't know how good value that is, but it's a nice amp, especially to cover a lot of genres on a limited budget. I prefer it over some of the modelers, personally. And as far as suggesting the Super Champ over the Vibro Champ, aren't they basically the same amp, except that the Super is a bit bigger?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...