Page 1 of 2
Hey I'm doing a history project about the cold war and need to make a powerpoint to present to the class. Does anyone know any metal songs about the cold war that can be playing in the background?
Metallica- One

Not necessarily about the cold war, but still war none the less.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
i doubt its gonna be good. Its probably gonna be some super cheesey folk metal song. or 80's hair metal.
I believe 2 Minutes to Midnight -- Iron Maiden references the Cuban Missile Crisis.
2 minutes to midnight - iron maiden.
kinda has a few references, although it may not exactly be written about the cold war

EDIT: beat me
We Wrote This Song Specifically for Kids Who Are Doing Powerpoints on the Cold War

I forget who its by, but its a catchy tune
I could swear Nuclear Assault wrote lots of tasty Cold War Thrash. Kreator and Testament may have done, too.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
War Pigs - Black Sabbath

You might be better off using one of the multitude of protest songs that were written at the time though, they'd probably fit a bit better...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Metallica - Blackened; It's about Nuclear war.... So it's about the cold war in a way, just better
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
Metallica - Blackened; It's about Nuclear war.... So it's about the cold war in a way, just better

Include fight fire with fire.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
do NOT put music in the background of a powerpoint, especially not metal. way too distracting
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Quote by thecrusher1234!
i cum blood
cannibal corpse

sooooo old
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by Hasok
meh metal

+1.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
blackmail the universe by Megadave
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
I doubt you're going to get metal bands singing about the Truman Doctrine or the Berlin Blockade.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

Quote by Random3
battle metal anyone?

Hardly about modern warfare is it?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
What about Rust in Peace by Megadeth... I always interpreted it as being about the Cold War and Nuclear warfare
Quote by Rhoads_1096
Crazy Train-Ozzy Osbourne

Isnt that about going insane?
I thought the title said "Metal song about cold water"
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
I thought the title said "Metal song about cold water"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, this water it's cold.
When I got in my balls shrunk just like
I wasnt but 13 years old
But seriously when it's a normal temperature they're huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
idk, but holidays in the sun is cold war-ish. sex pistols, possibly punk being the root of modern day metal, meh. a stretch.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
Quote by that soccer kid
idk, but holidays in the sun is cold war-ish. sex pistols, possibly punk being the root of modern day metal, meh. a stretch.

No, not at all. It's called Black Sabbath.

I agree with Rust In Peace.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
No, not at all. It's called Black Sabbath.

Depends which way you want to look at it.

Sabbath is at the heart of all metal with blues behind them but also bands like Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth and just about all the classic thrash guys had huge influences from the punk scene around that time as well.

Without punk there would be no Slayer and a lot of the basis of modern death metal is in the Slayer sound and attitude (chaotic atonal riffs and solos, antagonistic or gory lyrics...)...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by that soccer kid

... Not mordern Day Metal.... but some early metal was influenced by punk....

Rust in Peace... Polaris-Megadeth... It's about nuclear war at.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Depends which way you want to look at it.

Sabbath is at the heart of all metal with blues behind them but also bands like Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth and just about all the classic thrash guys had huge influences from the punk scene around that time as well.

Without punk there would be no Slayer and a lot of the basis of modern death metal is in the Slayer sound and attitude (chaotic atonal riffs and solos, antagonistic or gory lyrics...)...

Wrong... Death Metal was already being started by death when Slayer first released their first album. Venom also started before then.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Last edited by Tapping_Ninja at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
War Pigs - Black Sabbath

You might be better off using one of the multitude of protest songs that were written at the time though, they'd probably fit a bit better...

yeah.. dont use metal.. use folk western protest rock!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Mother Russia-Iron Maiden

I've always thought this one was big on the cold war.
to who said it before, crazy train is in fact about the cold war. read the lyrics "crazy, but thats how it goes, millions of people, living as foes and hiers of the cold war later on and etc
NOPE
Page 1 of 2