so i just got this recording set thing that came with cubase ai and a yamaha audio codec. on the instructions it says you can hook a guitar directly to the codec and record from there. if i hook up my electric guitar at half volume on the guitar, it sounds good but when i hook my acoustic up you get this buzzing sound.
i also want to find a way to hook my amp directly to the computer/codec. i tried going through the speaker out on my amp and on the clean channel it sounds fine but when i try the gain channel it gets really heavily distorted.
is there anything i should be doing to fix these problems?
Go to riffs and recordings and post it there. No one will bother answering.

And, it might be clipping possibly?
Quote by timbit2006
Go to riffs and recordings and post it there. No one will bother answering.

And, it might be clipping possibly?

that's a bit harsh!

But yeah, over to the riffs and recordings forum dude, and you might want to expand on recording thingie (model number would be handy) with cubase (which version?)and how are you recording the acoustic - does it have a pickup or are you miking it? if you are miking it, is it a condenser mic that you are using? If not, then you will have to dial up the gain because condenser mics have a higher output , so yeah, you could be clipping

The R&R forum does not get so much traffic as the other forums/people who actually know what they are talking about so it does take a little longer for questions to get answered.......especially if you miss out vital bits of info, like the model number of the bit of kit involved!
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
I just thought of this, Maybe your signals are looping, make sure your mic is pointing away from your speakers, or it will have feedback. And could cause humming.
all impedance issues, man. Get a dedicated mixer and a mic, then mic the amp. Simple is as simple does.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.