i play metal, rock, shred and some progressive.

i'm getting a tube amp this week.

i can get a fender hot rod deluxe (new), or a traynor ycv40 (used) with new 6L6 tubes and i think some new speakers.

any input?
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
for metal and shred i think those amps cant do them that well.........

gimme a budget for an amp and I'll recommend you some good ones......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
EDIT

i do not gig, or record
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

i played my friends dads fender hot rod deluxe and it was life changing i dont really know about the other ones but i would kill to have a hot rod deluxe!!
up to $1000

thanks
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Quote by thedekker
up to $1000

thanks

there are alot better amps out there you know........
try looking for a used
Mesa/Boogie Mark III (or IV if you can find one)
Peavey XXX
Peavey JSX
Mesa/Boogie F series and DC series

and go to your GC and see if they still have the promo for the Peavey 3120 ($1000 for the NEW 3120 halfstack)
feel free to add me
thanks for the input Alfred, i came accross a mesa mark4, and an f series the other day, went back yesterday and they were gone!

will keep my eyes open for a JSX (is that the satriani model? any different from the super colossal version?)

thanks again
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Quote by thedekker
thanks for the input Alfred, i came accross a mesa mark4, and an f series the other day, went back yesterday and they were gone!

will keep my eyes open for a JSX (is that the satriani model? any different from the super colossal version?)

thanks again

when you go to the store to try out stuff bring the money with you cuz you dont know whats gonna happen to the amp that you like..........
when you go to GC and you saw the amp that you like ask the sales person if he could reserve it for you or put a down payment on it............

the super colossal is the mini but shitty version of the JSX........ and yes its Satriani's hot rodded Peavey XXX.....
feel free to add me