Hi!

I play piano and I've been practicing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata mvt. 1. I got everything down but 1 part still boggles me. Is there anyone who knows this song or experienced enough to write this out?

I dno how you say this but in this version the G,F and C are #. And I assume the little 'x' is double #. Don't mind the little arrows, I did that.

Soooo I'd say this part goes like this:
#C #G E #A #F #C #A E #C #G E #A

But this sounds kinda off, am I reading it wrong?

Thanks for the help!

xoxo
- mot
Avril
C# Fx E A# Fx C# A# E C# Fx E A#

The song is in C# minor, F C G and D are sharp in the key signature.

Edit, to add to that the accidentals written in the measure apply to that note again unless canceled out by its original accidental or there is a bar line.
Last edited by blueriver at Feb 16, 2009,
I'm not sure but I would have the second note was F## (G) I know it's sharp already but I don't think putting a x there makes it triple sharp. Also I don't know if that carries over to the fifth note on the same line I guess it does. Same with the other F##.

So C# F## E A# F## C# A# E C# F## E A#
is how I would read it but I'm not a whizz at reading music so hopefully someone can confirm or deny.

EDIT: oops too slow - still looks as though I had the right idea - cool
Si
You have the 5th note as F#, but you were forgetting the double sharp on the previous one (the 2nd note), so that's G# as well. Apart from that, you have the notes correct.
I figured i had to count 2 steps up from the F# I've been playing the whole song. And that fifth note is confusing since that F doesn't have an 'x' and the F at the end does :s

thanks for the help everybody! :]]]
I'll try to be on youtube tomorrow
Avril
Yeah, the F at the end has it because it's in a different octave... it's for clarity, although isn't strictly necessary. The A is the same.