I recently bought a used epiphone les paul special II and I cant keep the g-string in tune, it's not the strings iv already changed them any advice?
Ibanez Rg prestige 2550z
Valveking 212
my firend has liek 3 epiphones and they all do that, its probably just the epiphone tuning gears
Try adding more delay.
the strings would have nothing to do with the string going out of tune.

i would reccomend changing the tuning knobs. but if you dont know how to do it oyurself take it to a guitar store, they will *hopefully* do it right.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
It's probably the tuning pegs, I have an epiphone bullseye with grover tuners, and they stay in tune just fine..
i have the same guitar, you can just tighten it up every now and then, thats what i do in the middle of gigs, tune the g string by ear when i don't have time for tuning.
I have the exact same model. It seems to be really hard to keep in tune. Just remains good for a song or two. Sent it to a store to get an overall setup and it seems much better ever since
Yeah id recommend just getting a set of new locking tuners if you havent already.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Stock epiphone tuners suck on the lower models. I would advise swapping them out.
ahh dang it i was hoping to trade this guitar and not spend any money on it
Ibanez Rg prestige 2550z
Valveking 212
why would you buy that guitar in the first place? Isn't that what they stick in with the starter packs?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
i owned my epi for nearly a year and a half and for the first year all was fine but maybe about 2 months ago? i did i bend on the g string and it made a loudish noise like the tuner sounded like it was being unwound and ever since then everytime i do a bend on the
g string it just unwinds and goes out of tune. pisses me off alot..
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I have the epi LP standard and I have that problem, if I bend a few times as I am tuning I seem to be able to solo without going out of tune. A friend of mine has that problem with his G-400. I would say new tuners are the way to go. I am blacking out my les paul so I am getting new tuners as well as a new bridge regardless.
Couple of things here....
I wouldn't invest money in an Epi LP Special II, I think they're only worth 150-200 new!
Second, it maybe the tuners have come loose in the headstock! Newer guitar wood shrinks and the holes the tuners are in may be allowing it to move. Loosen the string first and check the nut on the tuning post to ensure it's tight.
You may also have bindig in the nut.... when you tune, do strings not change pitch and then suddenly make a 'ping' sound and change pitch at once? This is eveidence of binding and nut lube is a simple, inexpensive fix for this.
Moving on.....
Quote by rockaholic120
do i need to open it up and tighten somthing

no, go to a guitar store and buy new ones. The lower end epiphone tuners (in your case, the lowest end) come with crap tunners.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Quote by KenG

You may also have bindig in the nut.... when you tune, do strings not change pitch and then suddenly make a 'ping' sound and change pitch at once? This is eveidence of binding and nut lube is a simple, inexpensive fix for this.

That would be my bet, the chance of even the cheapest geared tuners slipping is almost zero.
my LP Standard sometimes goes out of tune on the G too, i have grovers on mines tho, came with them. so since your manly recommending to upgrade to them what should i do? its not a huge problem for me tho, just goes out sometimes
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60