I want to write sum alternative and indie songs that are sort of "cheekey hometown tales" But, i don't know many things to write songs about.

they need to be happy (no emo-ness) and im not sure how to write them. i need to make things more "elaborate" i got these ideas:

1. my crush on a girl at school,
2. My anoing math teacher,

just tell me how i can juice up my songs a bit. give me sum ideas!

Thanks
Quote by Indiemad
I want to write sum alternative and indie songs that are sort of "cheekey hometown tales" But, i don't know many things to write songs about.

they need to be happy (no emo-ness) and im not sure how to write them. i need to make things more "elaborate" i got these ideas:

1. my crush on a girl at school,
2. My anoing math teacher,

just tell me how i can juice up my songs a bit. give me sum ideas!

Thanks

wat

Also, tell stories from varying points of view.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
hmmm, well it sounds like your going for the arctic monkeys sorta style of writing. this always goes real good with a bit of humour, not too much tho, cause you want it to be taken seriously.

for your ideas, try;

1; crush on girl at school:" if i gave you a bite of my sandwhich, could i take a bite of your love." or something smart like that.

and 2; my annoying maths teacher "it doesnt take a genious to work out your a pain in the arse."

well yeah, i think you sorta get what im saying. just try to be smart, clever, but in coloquical language, thats whats most important
Last edited by HethaHORRIFIC at Mar 2, 2009,
Write what you want to write about. There's no right or wrong subject, it's just a case of writing it well.
the math teacher one is a good one, itd be funny, kinda if you play blues or psicodelic, if you play pop rock or pop punk do the girl thing, if its metal, punk rock, hardcore, etc. do the math teacher one but not funny
you can say you have a crush on your math teacher

an base the song like if its a secret crush
X_HIDRO_X