Hey i play a Schecter Synyster Custom and I plat through a johnson jm150 millenium and i was just wondering if you guys could give me suggestions on how to get tone like dimbag darrell and his leads. sorry if this isnt the right thread or whatever
scoop the hell out of the mids
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
any effects that i should use i know delay but like any choruses or anything?
i already have the mids scooped out a ton. i have like 8.4 treble, 0.2 mid, and 7.6 bass, and i dont get tone like dimebag lol
you could just turn off the amp. His sound was horrible, don't know why people try to mimic it?

boosting mids ftw!!! **** that mid sweep ****.

PS. so its not spam, save your prescious money and waste it on a Randall or the ****ty Dime amp (drawing a blank)..............its made my randall i do believe... warhead thats it!
Last edited by elliotbrown1989 at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by drCoSmO1
i already have the mids scooped out a ton. i have like 8.4 treble, 0.2 mid, and 7.6 bass, and i dont get tone like dimebag lol

do you have exactly the same amp as him?

no, therefore you don't sound the same.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by elliotbrown1989
you could just turn off the amp. His sound was horrible, don't know why people try to mimic it?

PS. so its not spam, save your prescious money and waste it on a Randall or the ****ty Dime amp (drawing a blank)..............its made my randall i do believe... warhead thats it!

Krank makes a dime amp...
Quote by elliotbrown1989

Whats with the pointless posts in here today? If you dont want to help dont post its that simple.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
he´s got his own wah and distortion. if you want to sound more like him, i´d get the guitar world book that he co-wrote. i bought it and he goes through his pedals and give you a sh**load of riffs and how to play them. it´s a shame dime doesn´t play on the cd though. btw the crybaby from hell is fu**ing awesome.
Quote by blandguitar
open up your noise gate if you use one.

Actually Dime used a pretty agressive gate setting for most of the time; using such a huge amount of gain at such high volumes it was basically needed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Pac_man0123

He endorsed the Randall Warhead before Krank made his signature amp.

I saw on an instructional youtube vid were he was using an MXR Micro Amp pedal for his solos.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by elliotbrown1989

Thats just simply in your opinion.

Darrel Abbott had one of the most aggressive, cool, tones I've ever heard.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by RJF
Thats just simply in your opinion.

Darrel Abbott had one of the most aggressive, cool, tones I've ever heard.

and i know alot of people that would agree with me on, including a bunch here...

i beg to differ on "cool" tone.. agressive maybe, cool no.
Quote by elliotbrown1989
and i know alot of people that would agree with me on, including a bunch here...

i beg to differ on "cool" tone.. agressive maybe, cool no.

And yet, there are tons more people that like his tone....

If you don't like Dime or his tone.....than why would you even click into this thread?? besides looking for a chance to dump on something......
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by Pac_man0123

Dean makes the DIME amp, a solid state Randall clone, Krank makes the Krankenstein.

Anyways, I've heard the Line 6 Uber Metal can get really close to Dimebag's tone.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by RJF
And yet, there are tons more people that like his tone....

If you don't like Dime or his tone.....than why would you even click into this thread?? besides looking for a chance to dump on something......

exactly right dump on people

and to the idiot that said the dime pedal. its junk. AVOID
Quote by elliotbrown1989
exactly right dump on people

and to the idiot that said the dime pedal. its junk. AVOID

If it sounds like junk, wouldn't that make it good for getting his tone?

I'm being 100% serious too... he was a good guitarist and all and i respect him and stuff but i really don't like his tone... I'm not saying it SUCKS (ok even though i gotta say it kinda did >_> but i just don't like it.
well i have to be somewhat helpful haha... avoid the pedal.. .his tone still blows.. im a mid boosting guy..
When I saw Pantera live the lead tone was immaculate, but the rhythm tone was really hard to hear and amazingly painful to my ears. My ears actually hurt in a way too much grainy distortion kind of way but I kept listening because I loved the music.

More on topic:

I was able to get a pretty good Dime tone with my Digitech Distortion Factory if you're looking for a reasonably priced way to get somewhat close. The tone is really fun when you're playing to yourself in your room, but please boost up your mids and cut the treble a bit for live shows, the sound of treble boosted and mid scooped guitars hurts to listen to live when it's being blasted at a hundred decibles.
Last edited by Vlasco at Feb 16, 2009,
He has a very trebly tone and uses a solid state amp. Just knock the mids down and probably the bass even further and you whack some gain on it.

But honestly, I've nothing against his songwriting, but his tone was nothing to write home about in my opinion.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by STABxYOU
Dean makes the DIME amp, a solid state Randall clone, Krank makes the Krankenstein.

Anyways, I've heard the Line 6 Uber Metal can get really close to Dimebag's tone.

+1 on the uber metal. Sounds extremely similar to dimebag. I might be the person you've heard that from, who knows

Randall Warheads are very easy to come by in the used market. I believe the Randall V-max 300watter is extremely similar to the warhead as well.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio