So as you can see from my sig I have a Roland Cube 30X and a Zoom G2.1u the thing is at the minute I've stopped using my zoom as I seem to be able to get a better sound with just the amp, should I use the lead channel from my amp when using distortion patches on the zoom or should I just try and find a better tone on the zoom or just stop using it altogether?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
If you like the sound from the amp better without the pedal, then I think you already answered your question
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
With a Cube? Just use that. If you really want to use the Zoom, get a new amp.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
WHy would I need to get a new amp to get the most out of my zoom?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
BUMPage
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by demitriv
WHy would I need to get a new amp to get the most out of my zoom?

Because effects pedals sound awful with modeling amps. If you like the tone out of your Cube, just keep it and not use the Zoom. You could also just sell both and buy a tube amp, but again, if you like your tone with the Cube, use it!
Quote by GNRjungle87
Because effects pedals sound awful with modeling amps. If you like the tone out of your Cube, just keep it and not use the Zoom. You could also just sell both and buy a tube amp, but again, if you like your tone with the Cube, use it!

^this
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
go out to your nearest guitar store and buy your self a dan dongan digitech "the weapon"
you wont be disappointed this mutitone pedal has 7 very different tones do it lol
Fenne50
Quote by fenne50
go out to your nearest guitar store and buy your self a dan dongan digitech "the weapon"
you wont be disappointed this mutitone pedal has 7 very different tones do it lol

No ofence but I'm not looking for a new pedal, I really wish I had known that tehy sound awful with modelling amps before I bought one
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by demitriv
No ofence but I'm not looking for a new pedal, I really wish I had known that tehy sound awful with modelling amps before I bought one

Honestly, they aren't the most reliable pedals out there. Sell it, play the Roland and save for something better down the road.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Would manypeople have that view? The thing is I have used it for gigs i.e. for a fuzz sound and because I don't have a footswitch it also let s me record straight to my pc
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by GNRjungle87

Couldnt have said this any better myself. Listen to this dude
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
If you want to use the Zoom with the Cube, you'll get better results using the clean channel.
I do use it with the clean channel
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Any nore opinions?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Since you are already using a clean channel, try lowering the output level of the Zoom so that it's doesn't overdrive the input of the Cube. If that doesn't help then work on tweaking the Zoom some more. If that doesn't work then your Zoom and Cube don't go together well.
Ok thats great thanks.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4