Alright, so now that im coming to the end of my first build (Walnut RG) ive decided to start thinking about my next project.

Ive always wanted to do a semi-hollow body tele, and i also wanted to try out pine since ive seen and heard that it sounded great in the old teles. My idea is to make one out of pine, but with two large chambers and two F holes. Now, for the top piece i have some quarter inch thick acrylic that i would LOVE to put on a guitar with chambers.

would i have any major problems with this? like it snapping in half or something?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
yeah, it sounds good. keep it 2 single pickups and give it a jazz tone. i dont think hollow-body would turn out good though =-/ try it though! you never know.
Quote by conor1148
Alright, so now that im coming to the end of my first build (Walnut RG) ive decided to start thinking about my next project.

Ive always wanted to do a semi-hollow body tele, and i also wanted to try out pine since ive seen and heard that it sounded great in the old teles. My idea is to make one out of pine, but with two large chambers and two F holes. Now, for the top piece i have some quarter inch thick acrylic that i would LOVE to put on a guitar with chambers.

would i have any major problems with this? like it snapping in half or something?

Acrlylic wont snap I believe
unluess you cut it wronlgy with wrong tools. The acrylics guitar I know are routed with CNC
the top 1/4 inch is acrylic, and the other 1 1/2 inch is the pine.

i want to do it acrylic so you can see into the chambers.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by ohspyro89
I'd say if you go semi hollow and leave a 3"-4" center piece of solid pine down the middle you could get away with it, since that's the only place where the string tension would be.

Go for it.

Yeah this is true, leave a piece of wood for bushings/screws
Quote by divinorum69
Yeah this is true, leave a piece of wood for bushings/screws

thats exactly how i was going to do it,

so am i good to try it?
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
thats exactly how i was going to do it,

so am i good to try it?

Hell yes, it would be awsome. I suggest putting leds inside it: leds at night = awsome

put leds with a 9v battery and a killswitch for them

Last edited by divinorum69 at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by divinorum69
Hell yes, it would be awsome. I suggest putting leds inside it: leds at night = awsome

put leds with a 9v battery and a killswitch for them

what about a strobe and about 5 9vs?
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by divinorum69
whats a strobe?

Nevermind,
Just imagine something like an camera flash inside it.

Whose epiliptic?
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by wefreaxs
so did you ever end up making the guitar?
If he did, I doubt he's going to end his five year absence to tell you about it.

Reported.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one