Hey all,

I'm thinking about getting an American Standard Telecaster (i think it's a 2008 model). I tried it and compared it to the American Deluxe. Personally, I like the standard better but I'm concerned that the Standard might be really noisy on stage (and the Deluxe has noiseless pickups). I will be using the guitar for clean and dirty, as I'm in a very heavy rock group. So if anyone out there has one or has heard one, it'd be awesome if you could let me know if they are excessively noisy when played with lots of distortion. I'd check out the guitar store but no one stocks them around my area and I don't have the time to go to a different guitar store over the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance!
The noise problem is not too bad and you won't notice it anyway when you're playing. You'd have to check if a tele is really what you want for high gain sounds, many people prefer humbuckers for that. Just saying, I'd think twice before getting a tele for metal or anything like that.
But anyway, if you are so concerned about noise, a noise gate will get rid of that problem (don't ask me which one to get, I have little experience with them).
We don't really play metal, more heavy rock stuff. I'll use the Tele for our less heavy stuff, but also for some heavy songs. I kinda chose it because it's a different sound to what most heavy bands try to obtain. Thanks for the advice, a noise gate my be a good idea.
As long as you're not playing extreme death metal, you should be fine. Go for it, I love Teles.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by wakytabaki
We don't really play metal, more heavy rock stuff. I'll use the Tele for our less heavy stuff, but also for some heavy songs. I kinda chose it because it's a different sound to what most heavy bands try to obtain. Thanks for the advice, a noise gate my be a good idea.

Ah, that sounds like it will work fine. Try it without the noise gate at first though, you possibly won't need it if you're lucky.
yeah if it is noisy then either upgrade pickups to noiseless or get a noise gate or both if you have the funds.